Responsible for putting vendor and customer receipts into stock manually, quickly, and accurately. Responsible for the replenishment of products to the primary location, to ensure adequate availability for picking. Move, load, and unload products within the warehouse from reserve storage to primary storage manually and by using various types of machinery. Breaks products down appropriately from pallets and manufacturer's packaging into proper storage and selling units for the primary location. Rotates inventory as necessary to ensure most recent expiration dates are picked first. Ensures flammable and refrigerated items are properly stored.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Verifies that items have been received correctly by matching product description, quantity, packaging unit, and expiration date (where applicable) on the putaway document or RF device, with the product received. Breaks down products received into correct selling units and puts products into correct stocking location, as noted on the putaway document or RF device.
- Notes discrepancies and marks products for review by department team lead or supervisor as appropriate
- Ensures items with expiration dates have stock rotated accordingly.
- Must learn to utilize RF technology.
- If products or inventory are damaged, brings to designated damaged area in Inventory Control or calls the spill team as appropriate.
- Will also be trained in various distribution functions such as Receiving and Picking.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
Knowledge of basic warehousing operations preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Good reading, writing, math, and computer skills. Good communication (written/verbal) skills. Detail oriented and accountable for making accurate decisions under set guidelines. Good problem-solving skills. Ability to follow instructions, work under stress, and handle multiple assignments. Ability to read fine print and differentiate products with similar characteristics (size, color, vendor code).
High school diploma or equivalent preferred, or comparable work experience.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: (please click on the apply button below).
Job Field: Inventory Management