Sodexo is seeking an Environmental Services / Custodial General Manager 4 for Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center, a high profile account within the Sharp Health System in the Greater San Diego, California area. Chula Vista Medical Center is a 375 bed acute care hospital with over 550,000 sq ft cleanable area. Relocation is not offered at this time.
This position will lead the Day-to-Day operations of the Environmental Services departments by directing all housekeeping & Linen operations, and Supervise all cleaning personnel. Must have prior contractor experience with proven track record in health care ES managing multiple accounts within a region.
The candidate must be/have:
- Flexible and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer focused to enhance or improve the experience of the staff and patients.
- Actively involved in Diversity Awareness.
- Able to lead and strong communication skills.
- Results and safety driven.
- Strong financial acumen (budget process)
- Experience in overseeing multiple locations
- Prior high level ES GM required
- Bilingual is a plus but not required
- Must have prior contractor experience with proven track record in health care ES.
The “Hands-On” manager primarily handles day to day operational functions and ensures unit level, corporate, employee relations, safety, training, and unit operating systems compliance. Managing in a strong union environment is a plus but not a requirement.
Required: Good working knowledge of state & federal employment law; solid computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; good communication and presentation skills; detailed oriented, and well organized.
High energy for fast paced environment. Client engagement and patient satisfaction is essential for the success of this role. This position is Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m may include some weekends and holidays.
Come be a part of Sodexo where patients are the heart of everything we do!
Provides local account leadership and strategic direction to the on-site Environmental Service exempt and non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service programs. Directs business practices in order to uphold Company mission and values and commitments made in the Sodexo/Client contractual agreement.
- Establishes safe work environment for clients/ customers/staff.
- Executes strategic plan in alignment with the scope of service, Sodexo mission & values within our contractual agreement
- Fully implement and adhere to the Sodexo Clients for Life process
- Provides team leadership and direction by ensuring cohesiveness among the activities of subordinates to achieve planned outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with consistency of application of all Sodexo Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement and Regulatory standards within the contractually agreed upon scope of services.
- Ensures full administration of and adherence to all regulatory, Sodexo, Client, and Regulatory Human Resource standards and requirements
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring compliance to operating standards.
- Develops, administers, and monitors Sodexo and/or Client budget performance. Develops action plans to ensure performance is in accordance with strategic initiatives and client commitments.
- Develops and utilizes performance metrics to assist with problem analysis, and development of action plans and solutions
- Facilitates ongoing effective communications with direct reports, frontline staff, Clients, Customers, and Sodexo Leadership
- Oversees major repairs and renovation projects by identifying and managing vendors/contractors, including bid process, contract compliance and vendor/contractor performance