Responsible for performing systems engineering for industrial automation projects based on drives, motor control centers, programmable controllers, operator/field devices, communication networks, etc. Responsible for the design, implementation, and testing of drives and automation systems working in a project team environment. Designs, defines and implements complex controls systems and packaged drive systems requirements for customers and/or prepares studies and analyzes existing systems. This includes systems design, systems engineering, hardware engineering, configuration, programming and factory testing.
Be an individual contributing part of a project team but may also be responsible to lead an assigned engineering team and their assigned tasks for a larger or complex project.
- Analyzes the customer's requirements to determine the optimal controls system strategy solutions and determines applicable industrial controls configurations and architectures.
- Interfaces with the operations manager, manufacturing and the project manager to support an engineering design, part delivery, and presents status and options as required to maintain budget and delivery schedule.
- Supports manufacturing to assess progress, provide technical assistance, final inspection and sign off.
- May provide on-site process controls system start-up as required.
- Review project hardware/software for compliance with applicable codes/standards and assure personnel/machinery safety practices are fully implemented.
- May be responsible to lead and review all assigned engineering team's assigned tasks for a larger or complex project or perform design reviews for more junior engineers and technicians on their projects
- Leads complex assignments requiring new processes, techniques.
- Assists with planning, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring resources for larger or complex projects including setting and managing time-lines and budgets.
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves program and work process support deficiencies. Develops and recommends corrective actions and higher value added ideas to templates, standards, and work processes.
- Provides mentorship and coaching to less senior engineers and technicians.
- Responsible for meeting project schedule, engineering hour budgets, and customer satisfaction targets for own activities or on a project leadership basis if assigned in support of the assigned project team.
- Identifies scope deviations early and often and communicates early and often the impact to hardware cost, schedule, resource needs or skill sets to the project manager and department manager.
- Coordinate customer requirements with engineering and other appropriate departments to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Enhances RA overall value & position with strategic global customers.
- May assist sales or project management with providing scope definitions, hardware and labor estimates and validations for proposals. #techjob
Control Products and Solutions
Software and Engineering
No. of Positions:
Houston - Texas
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.