NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health's anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. Learn more about NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn .
Position Summary: The Social Worker provides direct clinical and supportive social work services in accordance with hospital policies, procedures and requirements of regulatory agencies. This position is located at the following schools- M.S. 136/ M.S. 821- 4004 4 th Avenue, Brooklyn. N.Y. 11232.
- Performs age appropriate assessment, treatment and crisis intervention
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill required to provide accurate assessments and diagnosis.
- Performs thorough initial and ongoing assessments of patients at intake and/or during the course of treatment.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and age-related criteria pertinent to the patients served in his/her assigned area.
- Develops initial and treatment plan reviews two weeks before due date and involves clients in the individualized treatment-planning process.
- Involves family &/or significant others collaterally in treatment with supervision
- Makes appropriate assessments, referrals & requests for consultation when necessary
- Demonstrates ability to triage, diagnose & follow clinic procedures
- Reports incidents and serious events to a supervisor or administration in a timely manner.
- Reports child abuse/neglect when indicated.
- Maintains productivity level.
- Provides information to assist patient re: negotiating resources & supports
- Refer clients to education & vocational pursuits
- Complies with Quality Assurance requirements
- Responds in a timely manner with the supervisor's recommendations stated on the weekly chart review tools in order to correct identified deficiencies related to OMH and JCAHO compliance standards.
- Completes all documentation to maintain case record in accordance with clinic and regulatory agency standards
- Provides a prompt response to both email and in-person requests from supervisors administrative leadership and the Quality Assurance Team.
- Performs Suicide/Violence Risk Assessments and Safety Plans monthly or as needed in accordance with clinic policy.
- Is able to identify risk factors for suicide/ violence and responds appropriately.
- Monitors patient appropriately commensurate with the level of risk.
- Attends professional conferences and trainings to enhance clinical skills.
- Requests consultation when necessary from treatment team psychiatrist or nurse practitioner.
- Seeks out supervisor for assistance on difficult clinical situations when necessary and as appropriate.
- Demonstrates interest and a positive response to feedback in areas related to improvement in job duties
- Is able to work with DOE staff to develop working relationships/collaboration/referral base.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge and skill in child, adolescent and family therapy treatment modalities
- Demonstrates an awareness of and respect for coworkers/patient's cultural background
- Masters in Social Work (MSW) degree from an accredited School of Social Work.
- 1 year previous professional related experience or graduate level mental health experience
- New York State Certification (CSW) or pursuit of CSW until obtained, as required
- Spanish speaking fluency required.
Preferred Qualifications: Preferred history in school behavioral health treatment
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn's EEO policies, please click here . Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here .
NYU Langone Hospitals- Brooklyn
Company Location Description
School Hlth Pgm-Cler- FHC (L562002)