Custom Milling Center's (CMC) a Henry Schein Company mission is to help dental laboratories navigate through the digital transition that is occurring in dental technology today. We are passionate about dental technology, digital technology, and making a difference in people's lives. This passion translates into our commitment to excellence in helping dental labs deliver the best products to their clients cost-effectively while saving them time.
The supervisor is responsible for assigned department operations management and personnel management. The position supervises the following functions: milling, printing, nesting, within the milling center. In addition, ensures sufficient coverage to complete departmental workload and oversees team members in assigned departments.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Supervise team members in assigned departments, hire new team members, conduct performance reviews, recommend increases, monitor attendance and responsible for early stages of conflict resolution.
- Provide feedback, coaching, counseling, and documenting team member performance.
- Research, identify, and correct issues that cause inefficiencies in productivity and accuracy.
- Review of nonconforming items as required by customer and Management.
- Provide customer assurance on all cases that are delayed or require additional work, ensure ship dates are met and alert customers of issues pertaining to Rx information.
- Enforce compliance with laboratory safety rules and regulations.
- Maintain a complete understanding of all assigned functions, computer software, and any required reporting.
- Communicate with other departments regarding issues, and respond to all questions.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Define production flow and scheduling in assigned departments, utilizing team members for overflow in other departments when necessary.
- Promote teamwork and look for opportunities for cross training of team members.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of how each department impacts customers, both internal and external, and the department's overall impact on the operation.
- Set quality standards for final product delivered from assigned departments and assure that they are followed.
- Communicate with team by conducting documented meetings on a regular basis.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; conducting preventive maintenance and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including Worldwide Business Standards.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
This position will be working in an office environment, utilizing typical office equipment, as well as working in a laboratory environment.
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years formal training/experience in Mechanical Engineering Technology including:
- Experience with CAM software
- CNC Programing and Machinery
- Experience working in ceramics, metals and metal forming
- Rapid prototyping and 4-5 axis milling machines
- Good Problem Solving Skills
- Excellent written and good verbal English communication skills.
- Must be able to read Rx requirements and communicate effectively with staff and customers the provisions required on any and all scripts provided to the department
- Two years of experience in a lead or supervisory role, preferably in a dental lab environment. Minimum1 year of experience utilizing case management software.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Understanding of dental terminology and dental software programs, in applicable departments. Organized and able to handle a multitude of tasks concurrently. Strong leadership skills and ability to prioritize and direct various work assignments. Excellent problem-solving and communication (verbal/written) skills.
High School diploma or equivalent. College level business or computer related courses preferred. Ability to work additional hours over 40 hours per week if necessary.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status
Job Field: Inventory Management