Sodexo is seeking a Unit Controller for Arizona State University Athletics in Tempe, AZ. Sodexo manages the operations for high end and high volume catering, concessions, and athletic training tables at this account. The position will support one unit with several venues in all financial aspects which includes: accounts payable, cash management, accounts receivable, accruals, budget, forecasting, financial reporting, trend analysis, inventory analysis. He or she will also ensure financial compliance and make recommendations to General Manager for improvements.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Prior food service accounting experience
- Ability to ensure accurate financial results and help improve profitability
- Experience supporting and training unit operators on various finance procedures including flash projections, forecasting, budget process, and various Sodexo reporting tools;
- Proficient skills in Excel
- Experience with AP and AR
- Experience with budget model, forecast model
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of E-vision, Unit Financial System (UFS);
- Working knowledge of Kronos
- Ability to work independently and is a self-motivator
- Accounting degree or working towards accounting degree
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Manages all accounting and financial matters for a smaller sized single location account. Entry level finance position.
- Examine Unit financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Examine financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Analyze and interpret budgeting trends.
- Assist in the implementation of corrective action plans developed during an audit. Assist in the monthly/quarterly/year-end close process to ensure accuracy and integrity of results at the unit/district/region/division level. Plan or assist in planning annual or project-specific budgets
- Generate special reports and respond to data requests from management. Prepare and review reports and other written documentation. Actively listen to concerns and requests of customers and strategic partners, which helps to identify their needs and requirements and to resolve their problems.
- Perform unit audits. Perform ad hoc financial analysis for Unit/District management. Participate in the audit process, including assisting in identifying and resolving audit-related issues.
- Conduct training on internal controls.
- Provide Unit management with recommendations for action and/or modifications to financial procedures, plans, and controls. Provide support to GM's/DM's in order to ensure accurate results and help improve profitability. Provide support in resolving client billing issues, and managing and collecting receivables.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial data and statistics, including operating and administrative budgets. Ensure that assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses for responsibility area are accurately reported and accounted. Ensure audits address areas of concern relative to the goals, performance objectives, and impact of economic, financial, and managerial programs in conformance with Company policies and procedures.
- Interact with Buffalo FSC and clients to resolve invoicing and payment/remittance issues.
- Maintain records and reports necessary to comply with Company, government, and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes.
- Driving the Zero Harm mindset