Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our Service Centers, improve our Service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their Healthcare needs, and stay on track with their Health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance.
- Create a positive experience and relationship with the member
- Keep the member out of the hospital by supporting regular visits to their primary physician
- Keep member actively engaged with their primary physician
- Support the member to ensure pick - up of their Rx
- Proactively engage the member to manage their care
- Provide member education
- Support transitions of care
- Help to keep members compliant with their care plans
- Partner with care team (community, providers, internal staff)
- Knowledge and continued learning of community cultures and values
- May conduct member assessments if needed
- Comprehensive care management
- Transitional planning and follow - up
- Individual and family support
- Referral to relevant community and social support services
- Reduce inappropriate emergency department utilization, preventable hospital re - admissions
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher (in social work, psychology, social services, human services, or behavioral sciences) OR an Associate Degree or higher with Medical Assistant Certified in the state of WA or Indian Health Service (HIS) Certified Community Health Representative (CHR) OR High School Diploma / GED and LPN license in the state of WA
- 1+ years of residency in King County, WA
- Have a designated work space inside the home with access to high - speed internet (provided by UHG)
- Ability to create, copy, edit, send, and save in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time within the local territory and up to approximately 50 miles one way from your residence (mileage reimbursed by UHG)
- Field based experience
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- Experience working in Managed Care
- Knowledge of WA Medicaid and Medicare populations
- Case management experience
Careers with Optum
. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: care coordinator, social work, medicare, Medicaid, managed care, telecommute, field based, transitional planning, health, care management, LPN, MA, certified, CHR, IHS