The Operational Excellence Project Specialist at Penske is primarily responsible to execute specific business process improvement assignments within current strategic initiatives. Under the direction of the Operational Excellence Manager, this role regularly interfaces with cross functional leadership to provide appropriate engagement and effective communication. Additional responsibilities include technical training and mentoring as necessary.
Skillset / Tool Application:
Execute the assigned Operational Excellence approach, skillset, or tool effectively and provide timely communication and follow-up as required
Provide key contributions to Operational Excellence supported initiatives as technical resource, task / activity leader, or other specified role
Technical Training / Mentoring:
Assist with training and mentoring for specific Operational Excellence approach(s), skillset(s), tool(s).
Effectively engage with leadership by providing timely updates, analysis, and communications. Provide clarity and advocacy of Operational Excellence concepts.
Deliverables and Impact:
Maintain timely assessments and status reviews of deliverables and impact for all activities within scope of work. Assist Operational Excellence Manager with sustainment and recovery activities to achieve deliverables and maximize impact. Other projects and tasks as assigned by the manager
- Bachelor's Degree
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) proficiency
- Willingness and flexibility to travel; 10-25% overnight travel is estimated
- Technical capabilities: Industrial Engineering, Quality Engineering, Statistics, Mini-Tab
- Presentation, facilitation, project management capabilities
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- Industrial / Systems Engineering degree; other technical or engineering degree
- Prior experience in process improvement roles within large scale initiatives
- Lean / Kaizen / Six Sigma conceptual knowledge and practical experience
- Strong data manipulation and analytics skills
- Advanced Excel, Access, VBA, SQL and process automation skills
- Strong technical writing and presentation building skills
- Corporate training and consulting capabilities and experience
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.