Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. You never thought your career could help millions of lives. Well, here you can. As a NY Community Outreach Representative, you'll utilize innovative strategies and programs to ensure access to health care coverage for the underserved and impact millions of lives. You'll use your energetic, empathetic approach to marketing and add value to our team. Through community marketing and outreach efforts, you will have direct impact on membership growth and retention. You'll use your creativity, strategic lens and outspoken attitude to be part of an elite team to rewrite the history of UnitedHealth Group. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The NY Community Outreach Rep will interface with members of the Business Development team to increase marketing synergy and drive overall UHC Medicare Dual Special Needs Plan (DSNP) membership growth.
Working under minimal supervision and collectively with the UHC Medicare Sales team, this Community Outreach Rep is responsible for working in targeted communities to increase enrollment for the UHC Medicare DSNP. Specifically, this position is responsible for developing sites and establishing valued-partner relationships, securing venues and community-based organizations (CBOs) with marketing activities that provide membership growth opportunity for qualified UHC Sales Agents.
** This is a 40hr work week schedule**
** Outside / field position supporting sales team**
If you are located in New York, you’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
Generating DSNP opportunities requires a great deal of relationship building with community-based organizations (CBOs), faith-based organizations (FBOs) and other venues within the communities that have density in the DSNP eligible populations
- Identify and cultivate relationships with the leadership/management of those organizations as a “UnitedHealthcare relationship”. This will allow ongoing access to conduct presentations and informal sales events that generate leads and new membership
- Work with the existing Community Outreach team, if available, to determine current CBO relationships with whom to Investigate, identify, initiate and respond to opportunities to create or participate in marketing activities that lead to membership growth
- Partner with multiple sales/distribution channels, leveraging contracted UHC agents and broker agents to drive events and leads, with ultimate success measured by closed sales
- Collaborate with local market sales leadership within both Community & State and Medicare & Retirement to determine agents best suited and interested to sell in the DSNP space
- Track and measures various sales event effectiveness and activities, events, leads & lead progress, sales, appointments, contacts and relationship progress daily through internal systems. Assists with designing and measuring overall sales event strategy. Ensure all events are properly filed with appropriate regulatory agencies through the established UHC process
- Execute, plan and coordinate resources (i.e., vendors, partners, Sales Agent, etc.) to ensure a successful event
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding targeted growth, retention, and enrollment expectations within assigned territory
- Assist with planning, implementing and coordinating both sales and non-sales events for all assigned products
- Provide input, support and feedback on promotional opportunities, benefits, and other issues
- Prepare preliminary budget recommendations for each approved event
- Identify, develop and maintain strong relationships with key community partners. Serve as an ambassador for United Healthcare
- Stay informed on UHC operations, provider network, premiums, member services, claims, explanation of benefits, processes and other services and issues to provide community partners, prospects, and members with accurate information, and provide feedback as appropriate
- Performs other duties as required
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent years of experience
- Active health insurance license
- 2+ years of marketing or community outreach experience
- Able to work core business hours, Monday - Friday, 40 hours, overtime, weeknights and weekends, as required
- Ability to travel locally up to 75% of the time within assigned sales territory
- Have an insured, dependable vehicle with current Driver's License
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Reside within/commutable distance to NYC
- Bilingual Spanish, Creole, Russian or Bengali
- Have established professional relationships with non-profits, community sources, religious / faith based organizations in designated sales territory
- Experience working with communities of all different ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, diverse populations and/or underserved communities
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medicare or CMS marketing rules and regulations
- Medicare Advantage/ D-SNP experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: marketing, Community Outreach Representative, NYC, New York, Telecommute, Medicare Advantage, D-SNP, Dual Special Needs Plan, bilingual, fluent, Spanish, Creole, Russian, Bengali