Responsible for the replenishment of products to the primary location to ensure adequate availability for picking. Move, load, and unload products within the warehouse from reserve storage to primary storage manually and by using various types machinery. Breaks products down appropriately from pallets and manufacturer's packaging into proper storage and selling units for the primary location. Rotates inventory as necessary to ensure most recent expiration dates are picked first. Ensures flammable and refrigerated items are properly stored.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Utilizes various types of manual and motorized machinery to ensure that vendor and customer return receipts are put into stock quickly and accurately.
- Uses RF device to verify location, product, and quantity.
- Verifies items that have been received correctly by matching product description, quantity, packaging unit, and expiration date (where applicable) on the document or RF device, with the product received.
- Notes discrepancies and marks products for review by department team lead or supervisor.
- Breaks down products received into correct selling units and and puts products into correct stocking location, as noted on the department or RF device.
- If products or inventory are damaged, the material handler Ii brings them to designate damaged area in Inventory Control and calls the spill team as appropriate.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
Knowledge of basic warehousing operations preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to pass machine driver safety training for all required equipment. Good reading, writing, math, and computer skills. Good communication (written/verbal) skills. Detail oriented and accountable for making accurate decisions under set guidelines. Good problem-solving skills. Ability to follow instructions, work under stress, and handle multiple assignments. Ability to read fine print and differentiate products with similar characteristics (size, color, vendor code).
High school diploma or equivalent preferred, or comparable work experience.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: (please click on the apply button below).
Job Field: Inventory Management