Sodexo is seeking _a Bilingual (Spanish) Outpaitent Dietitian_ _for Flushing Hospital _Medical Center_. _This 290 bed hospital is a community hospital in the heart of Flushing, NY. _Primary responsibility is to provide Medical Nutrition Therapy counseling in the_ ambulatory care setting as well as cross coverage for the _inpatient medical/surgical or Intensive Care Units as needed.
Reporting to the Clinical Nutrition Manager, this position will
- Be a Registered Dietitian and licensed in NY (CDN) and have experience with the nutrition care process
- Assist the Clinical Nutrition Manager with all aspects of clinical care and assume responsibilities for the clinical nutrition department in CNM's absence
- Precept Dietetic Interns
- Participate in community and employee wellness events
- Complete Performance Improvement projects
- Have a passion for driving and improving the patient experience
- Possess strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational, marketing and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Have experience working with insurance providers and billing (preferred)
- Provide nutritional care for a variety of inpatient units when needed
- Experience with CBORD is a plus
- Must be Bilingual (English-Spanish)
Responsible for providing direct basic nutrition services
-Provides nutrition care to population served to ensure needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Follows operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..