Compassion is the essential trait that drives superior health care performance. But it’s just a start. At OptumCare innovative thinking is just as important. Our unique team of health care providers are an emerging and important part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Our approach is designed to help physicians and other providers deliver the right care at the right time in the right setting. That takes smart ideas and incredible teamwork. And that’s where you come in. In this role, you’ll support a clinical team that’s helping patients in new and better ways while giving them a generous helping of compassion and respect.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm) The Medical Assistant’s responsibility is to assist in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management.
***MONDAY – FRIDAY (8am-4:30pm), NO WEEKENDS, CLOSED, ALL MAJOR HOLIDAYS**
***Office Location: OptumCare Chandler Community Center: 985 West. Chandler Heights Blvd., Chandler, AZ 85248***
- Show patients to exam rooms according to company standards
- Record patient documentation in the medical record and send to primary care provider
- Make outgoing phone calls to schedule Annual Wellness Visits
- Organize exam and treatment rooms, and follow infection prevention procedures.
- Must have a passion for working with seniors within a business model based on maintaining the health and wellbeing of our members
- The culture is based on teamwork, mutual respect and patient centered care in everything we do
- High School diploma or GED
- Graduate from an Accredited Medical Assistant program OR 3+ years of military trained medical assistant experience
- Current CPR card OR willing to obtain in 30 days
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
- 1+ years of experience as a Medical Assistant (post externship experience)
- Working knowledge of health insurance: HMO, PPO, Medicare and Medicaid (include for Centers for Family Medicine)
- Electronic medical record knowledge
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Bilingual - Spanish speaking
© 2018 OptumCare. All Rights Reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Medical Assistant, CMA, primary care, Medicaid,Optum, Chandler