At Optum, we share what might be seen as a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at Optum, a business of UnitedHealth Group, is a natural fit. We offer more than the talent, resources and can - do culture - we offer a place to improve the lives of others while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Optum Care Medical Group serve the communities within Orange and southern Los Angeles counties. The combined medical group is composed of 15 practices with more than 90 physicians and mid-level providers. From pediatric and adolescent medicine, to adult and senior care, Optum Care Medical Group strive to provide a higher level of service through our unique, patient-driven model.
Monday-Friday: 8am-5pm Orange Office
- Positions in this function are responsible for checking in, scheduling appointments, answering billing questions and managing patient medical records for a clinic
- They will assist patients via phone by determining needs, scheduling, rescheduling or canceling of appointments
- Verify and input patient demographic and insurance information. Assist with managing daily reports
- Ability to operate effectively in a dynamic, fluctuating, and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrates team qualities including time management, verbal communication, written communication, listening skills, problem solving, decision-making, and priority setting
- High school education or GED
- 1+ years experience in appointment scheduling, patient registration in an office or related medical field
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
- NextGen experience
- Bilingual Spanish/Farsi
- Previous call center experience/customer service experience
- Basic Microsoft office-word/outlook
© 2018 OptumCare. All Rights Reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Patient care coordinator, medical office, scheduler, managed care, customer service, NextGen, multi-task, bilingual, call center, Irvine, Santa Ana, Garden Grove, CA