Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we'eve been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
We are seeking a Social Media Manager to drive our organic social media marketing programs with rich, innovative, on-brand content and to serve as a resource and partner for our internal and external partners. Your role with the team will be instrumental in developing and executing customer-focused social media strategies and distributing compelling social content for various channels on behalf of the Benjamin Moore family of brands, including our corporate brand.
Your understanding of the social landscape will provide critical insights that inform our activities, present ways for our brands to engage with our community and help build and lead to tangible results for the company -- engagement, brand equity, and revenue. Ultimately, you will be responsible for managing our agency partners and internal content team to develop great content and manage the overall social footprint of our brand. A key position within the marketing team, this role reports to the Director of Digital Marketing.
Ensuring a Great Fit
We want someone who is a practitioner, the kind of unicorn who is great at managing work from our partner agencies as well as living, posting, and doing all things in the social space. In short, you love the social space and stay on top of industry trends and maybe even talk in hashtags. We need someone who is hungry and wants to help build a thriving, exciting and engaging online brand presence. We need energy and enthusiasm -- we work hard and want to start moving faster in the digital space and we need someone special who will take our efforts to the next level.
We are looking for someone who immerses themselves in the brand's social and competitive universe -- the kind of person who is constantly watching what's going on in the industry, as well as learning from other industries and influencers. We want a manager to come in, shake things up, and bring the brand to life in social, with a keen eye toward the metrics that matter -- driving engagement, building brand equity, and driving sales.
The ideal candidate has experience supporting Social Media efforts for a nationally recognized brand and has hands-on experience handling community management and engagement. They must be good at working with cross-functional teams on content creation and sourcing, and have experience scheduling and publishing content. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of Media Planning, Buying and optimizing campaigns based on learnings derived through testing and analysis, so they can work closely with our media team and agency. Sound like you? Keep reading...
- Strategy -- Develop and execute on a holistic community management strategy across all relevant social channels with a focus on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Pinterest
- Agency Lead - Manage outside social media agency ensuring strategy, content, and practices align with business goals, and brand standards. Work closely with our media team to manage our paid media strategy, always looking for ways to optimize our spending and drive more engagement and leads.
- Social Campaigns - Support development and execution of social media campaigns; this includes the following activities: Social media content development, Paid media execution, Social analytics and reporting and community management and engagement
- Marketing Campaign Support - Lead our social strategy development and create support and project management materials for any launch campaigns (new products, promotions, contests, etc.) including timelines, brainstorming on creative deliverables and reporting on relevant metrics.
- Content Creation - Manage the development of daily, organic content that aligns with current marketing activities, often working in tandem with external agencies and internal partners. You will act as a reviewer, approver, developer, writer or creator depending on the channel and content piece.
- Internal Social Expert - Serve as a true partner and social media expert and resource for all departments/employees and agencies. Provide support to develop and foster internal alignment and integration on social media marketing practices including: sponsorships, brand strategies, events and corporate communications.
- Events Coverage and Content - Real time social coverage of events and activations, including some nights and weekends. Oversee events team who have limited publishing rights to our social platforms.
- Budget Planning & Actualization -- Responsible for yearly, quarterly, monthly budget planning as well as actualizing of spends across social platforms. Work with internal resources to ensure bills and accruals are on time and are accurate from vendor.
- Social Listening - Oversee day-to-day brand reputation monitoring, research, and reporting using social media listening tools.
- Reporting - Analyze and report on all social media performance weekly and monthly along with a competitive audit every six months. Provide daily and monthly reports to the team to ensure everyone understands process and return on social engagement.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing other technical or field degree
- 5+ years of social media experience for a consumer brand, preferably a consumer packaged goods or manufacturing brand
- Deep understanding of social media strategy across a variety of industries, with the ability to develop a cohesive social strategy
- Building relationships comes naturally to you. You're able to develop meaningful relationships with internal team members, agency partners, design & architectural communities, contractor community and our retailer network.
- Deep knowledge of social media channels and management/reporting tools such as Facebook Analytics, social media tools (Hootsuite or Sprout Social a plus), and a working knowledge of Google Analytics a plus
- Excellent verbal and written skills with outstanding attention to detail.
- Occasional travel involved to design, architecture and major company events. We are looking for someone who will immerse themselves in the world of paint and decorating.
- Self-starter and effective team player with the ability to quickly develop and understand current processes, drive process improvements, work effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Proven ability to manage multiple social media platforms in a fast paced and dynamic working environment, build excellent rapport with internal teams and react in real-time in a fast-moving environment
- A natural storyteller and presenter able to craft and tell stories in presentation formats that are presentable up to senior leadership, as well as tell the brand story on social platforms
- Proactive, organized, efficient, detail-oriented, unassailable focus on the basics, tenacious (persistent about bringing open items to closure), accountable, enthusiastic
- The passion and drive to grow a new community