Job TitleAccounts Payable Clerk
Requisition Primary LocationPhoenix, Arizona
We are looking for an experienced ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERKat RIGHT AWAY DISPOSAL IN PHOENIX, AZ.
- Processes vendor invoices and check requests assigning appropriate GL account codes and ensuring discounts are taken whenever possible.
- Manage the accounts payable function within the organization's established policies.
- Review invoices to ensure sales taxes are charged or not charged where appropriate.
- Enter invoices into current ERP system.
- Generate weekly A/P Check Run support
- Maintain filing system of processed AP invoices
- Respond to questions and makes calls regarding billing problems; acts as a liaison between client and vendors; review of vendor statements.
- Review expense reports of employees for completeness and accuracy before entry.
- Research questions regarding vendor payments.
- Perform other responsibilities as need by Corporate Accounts Payable team.
- 2+ years prior experience processing a large volume Accounts Payable invoices.
- Prior experience working with an A/P, G/L integrated software system experience is an advantage.
- Must possess a good understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Good verbal and written communication
- Strong organization skills
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)