Sodexo is seeking a seasonal high energy Purchasing Specialist to support our operations for Arizona State Athletics in Tempe AZ. The Purchasing Specialist will be responsible for 3MIL+ in purchasing goods
This is a very high-volume account with large deliveries every day. The position is also responsible for taking accurate inventories before and after every event . Candidates must be knowledgeable and have excellent attention to detail.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Working closely with our culinary, chef, catering and Concessions teams
- Interacting with vendors
- Obtains materials from suppliers at the lowest cost with consideration to quality, reliability, and urgency of need
- Leading staff of 20 -30 porters and utility
- Oversees distribution of product throughout stands/locations event day
- Strong inventory, purchasing financial and POS reports preferred
- Knowledge of pertinent processes and procedures, and familiarity with policies, vendors and specified products/services
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Advanced Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Prior Large Venue experiance perfered
- Knowledge of Bypass POS a plus
Responsible to place orders using a purchase ordering system. Orders products and services based on established contracts. May assist corporate procurement to define contract terms. Coordinates delivery times and works to achieve the lowest costs of materials from suppliers with consideration to quality, reliability, and urgency of need.
- Purchases materials and supplies based on established contracts with manufacturers and other suppliers.
- Coordinates Sodexo purchasing strategies to ensure that the Company is purchasing products/services at the most competitive prices and mark up structure, while accounting for the quality and service level required by the business line.
- Ensures product availability and quality based on account operator needs. Manages inventory to reduce waste.
- Assists with the resolution of product selection, distribution, pricing, cost control, receiving, and inventory control issues.