Energize your career with one of Healthcares fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, its a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the worlds leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our Service Centers, improve our Service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their Healthcare needs, and stay on track with their Health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance.
- Applies knowledge / skills to activities that often vary from day to day
- Demonstrates a moderate level of knowledge and skills in own function
- Make outbound calls to members who are eligible to participate in one of our Health Management coaching programs
- Receive inbound calls to enroll members and / or provide customer service
- Requires little assistance with standard and non - standard requests
- Solves routine problems on own
- Works with supervisor to solve more complex problems
- Prioritizes and organizes own work to
- Determine member eligibility
- Follow protocols to task requests appropriately
- Checks level of benefit codes to determine eligibility for program enrollment to determine next steps
- Reference automated job aid tools via the computer to identify appropriate procedures when needed
- Access claims information
- Review and interpret call history documentation (e.g., case notes)
- Navigate between computer screens and platforms to research information (e.g., medical, clinical, or benefits information)
- Take calls and questions from members regarding case status
- Reference automated job aid tools via computer to research relevant rules, regulations, or procedures
- Learn computer system and process changes and updates and incorporate into daily work
- Contact internal resources if necessary to clarify information
- Identify appropriate resource (e.g., care management consultant, case manager, supervisor) to respond to member questions
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 6+ months of experience working in a call center environment
- 2+ years of general customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- Bilingual English / Spanish
- Must be able to work 11:30 am to 7:00 pm Eastern Time
- Must be able to create, edit, save, and send documents and spreadsheets utilizing Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Experience working within the Healthcare Industry
- Experience working in a Hospital, Physician's Office, or Medical Clinical setting
- Professional experience in a clerical or administrative support related role
- Working Knowledge of Medical Terminology to communicate with members and providers
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: customer service, clinical, MS Word, MS Excel, Medical, call center, Optum, UHG, West Virginia, telecommute