Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
We are seeking an energetic candidate for our Registration Department. The perfect candidate will facilitate the patient admission flow, including patient identification, verifying demographics; obtain all required signatures and documents. Candidate will be responsible for insurance authorization, notification, and verification of benefits in order to obtain accurate and prompt reimbursement. Additional duties include providing information and answering questions about payment assistance, point of service collections, and compliance with HIPAA.
Positions in this function are responsible for checking in, scheduling appointments, answering billing questions and managing patient medical records for a clinic. Roles may vary based on the size of the clinic(s).
- Moderate work experience within own function
- Some work is completed without established procedures
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others
- Supervision / guidance is required for higher level tasks
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience in a Hospital Patient Registration Department, Physician office or any medical setting
- 1+ years of Customer Service experience
- 1+ years of professional experience with insurance policies and procedures
- 1+ years of professional experience with Medical Terminology
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Word (create, edit, save), Microsoft Excel (create, edit, save), and Microsoft Outlook (send and receive emails)
- Ability to work between the hours of 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Bilingual fluency with English and Spanish
- Knowledge of ICD - 9 (10) and CPT terminology
- Working knowledge of facility pricing structure and cost estimates
- Previous experience in collecting patient copays, deductibles, etc
- Experience submitting authorization requests and / or processing referrals
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Phoenix, AZ, clinical, medicine, registration, cancer center