The primary purpose of this role is to manage the relationship between Rockwell Automation (RA) and our contract manufacturers. This role will be facilitating the manufacturing of direct ship Engineered To Order (ETO) solutions. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of contract manufacturing across North America. The main responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, identifying new potential suppliers, participation in negotiating strategic agreements with new and existing suppliers, and coordinating project execution with suppliers (project schedules, prioritizing, and forecasting.) This role will be focused on driving performance in our suppliers to meet customer shipment deadlines and achieve target project costs. This individual is responsible for analyzing and evaluating the most cost-effective strategies while meeting customer deadlines. Paramount to Rockwell is ensuring quality in accordance with Rockwell standards and expectations. Adherence to customer-specific, as well as general Rockwell, workmanship practices are also critical to this role. This leader is responsible for establishing expectations for business ethics and Environmental Health and Safety. This individual is responsible for capacity planning and balancing work based on constraints with our suppliers.
- Identifying new potential suppliers to improve performance or mitigate risk
- Participate in the creation of strategic partnership framework agreements
- Negotiating RFQ's with current and potential suppliers on pricing and lead-time using a predictive cost model tool
- Establish, measure, and review KPIs with suppliers in alignment with RA criteria
- Collaborate with RA planning functions to manage workload and capacity at suppliers
- Collaborate with RA quality functions to measure supplier performance and implement 8D process to drive RCCA as necessary
- Create, maintain, and execute a supplier assessment, and self-assessment, to gauge current and potential suppliers' capabilities to meet RA performance requirements (as well as maintain in a database.)
- Understand prints and Bills Of Materials
- Verify supplier made complete shipments
- Identify materials to be supplied
- Send RFQ to suppliers and work through the approval process
- Follow up on material shortages and run shipment pick lists
- Reconciliation of all issued shop orders until close of goods
- Work with credit and import/export compliance for any holds
- Documentation of project documents (pictures, test sheet) in shared drives
- Coordinates between shipping and invoicing that all material receipts and invoicing is done in a timely manner
- Uses databases for project management, inventory control, project material, timekeeping, and quality processes
- Ability to collaborate with multiple functions in a matrix organization
- Take ownership for the quality and on-time completion of systems manufactured by our suppliers
- Manage a weekly communication of project status to all directly impacted groups
- Participate in monthly leadership meetings to present current supplier performance as well as corrective actions being taken as required
- Collaborates regularly with the Operations Manager on maintaining department expense budgets in accordance with the planned workload
- Collaborates regularly with planning functions to review resources and project load to ensure resources are fully utilized while leveraging contract manufacturers and local solutions centers in order to be competitively cost effective while meeting customer deadlines
- Prepares labor estimates and monitors progress towards achieving budgeted goals
- Oversees supplier on-time performance, average-order-delivery cycle time, load management, capacity control, and utilization of resources
- Collaborates with suppliers on continuous improvement for delivery, capacity, and cost
- Implements new processes internally and with suppliers
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
Control Products and Solutions
Supply Chain and Operations
No. of Positions:
Twinsburg - Ohio
Over centuries, the world has evolved and advanced. New innovations change how we work. How we live. How things get made.
The next industrial evolution is here - a new test of intelligence for humans and machines. Where breakthroughs are hard-won and success requires sifting through overwhelming data for insights, clarity and confidence.
Rather than fearing change, we embrace its possibilities. We know how to connect the imaginations of people with the potential of machines to make the world work better. More intelligent. More connected. More productive.
We stand with the problem solvers, the builders, the makers, the innovators because we belong to that community. And we stand ready to lead the way. At Rockwell Automation, we are expanding human possibility.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).