Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch(c) system and the Nintendo 3DS(c) family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System(c), Nintendo has sold more than 4.7 billion video games and more than 740 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy(c), Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS(c) family of systems, Super NES(c), Nintendo 64(c), Nintendo GameCube(c), Wii(c) and Wii U(c) systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokmon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company's website at http://www.nintendo.com.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Responsible for definition, planning, communication and execution of the assigned projects and programs
- Responsible for definition, planning, communication and execution of the assigned project or program
- Responsible for clearly articulating scope and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand departmental requirements and impacts
- Partner with development and product teams to understand functionality, capabilities and specifications of deliverables as well as development progress
- Responsible for identifying and managing project dependencies critical path
- Direct phases of projects from inception through completion
- Create and maintain relevant project artifacts including status reports, timelines, issues, risks, etc.
- Organize and communicate with departmental leads in support of their related workstream projects
- Clearly communicate project expectations to stakeholders and team members in a timely clear fashion
- Liaise with stakeholders of project on an ongoing basis, sharing status, addressing concerns.
- This position performs written and verbal English and Japanese translations
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- At least 5+ years of related project management or program management experience in a technology field
- Technical background in hardware or software engineering.
- Familiarity with many functional departments of a large organization: IT, Legal, Finance, Consumer Service, PR, Service/Repair, Distribution.
- Effectively communicate with both technical and business-oriented staff.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (Including Word, Excel, Project, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Bilingual requires fluent verbal and written Japanese and English skills
- Bachelor's Degree in a technology or science-related field, MBA/Project Management qualification is highly desirable
- For bilingual positions, Japanese Language Proficiency Test level I or equivalent desired
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity...celebrating strengths.