Represents HSI and its subsidiaries in a broad array of legal matters. Provides legal advice and counsel to the Company's respective business units. This position reports to the Deputy General Counsel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drafts and negotiates a broad array of commercial agreements (including confidentiality, distribution and customer agreements).
- M & A transactions, including due diligence and drafting and negotiating acquisition or divestiture agreements.
- Federal securities law analysis (Securities Act and Securities Exchange Act).
- Advises on data security/privacy matters.
- Directs, monitors and supervises outside litigation counsel.
- Supports Human Resources regarding employment matters.
- Counsels management regarding various disputes and potential litigation matters.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
A minimum of 2 years relevant legal experience.
Juris Doctor, or the equivalent required.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Superior analytical abilities. Excellent legal research and writing skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills. Proficiency with on-line legal research tools.
NY State Bar Admission
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: (please click on the apply button below).
Job Field: Legal