Provider Outreach is responsible for supporting the development and execution of a strategic plan that supports the goals of the organization. A primary focus of this position is to generate awareness as it pertains to the WellMed healthcare delivery system, specifically the provider. This position is also responsible for providing assistance with special projects and educational efforts as directed by management. This position is accountable for Market membership goals for both growth and retention.
- Collaborate with the Provider Marketing Consultant to execute an action plan for territory activities and community outreach to support market growth and retention
- Engagement (face to face interaction) with prospects and current patients at events and identify opportunities within the Medicare eligible population
- Maintain and update event/activity documentation, as well as calendar updates
- Maintain a professional relationship with community contacts/agencies, health care delivery system administration, physicians and other staff, as well as local contracted health plan staff/brokers and agents; Develop and maintain professional partnerships with Community Senior Centers of Influence
- Conduct group presentations at various events or community/professional meetings to generate leads and raise awareness of the WellMed healthcare delivery system
- Complete all necessary reports and deliverables as requested by leadership according to established deadlines
- Effectively create databases and manage assigned budgets with productive ROI results
- Collaborate with outside vendors as needed to fulfill program initiatives
- Liaise with corporate and market representatives on marketing collateral needed for special events, advertisement initiatives, and other requests submitted by senior leadership
- Some nights and weekends required
- All other duties as assigned by management
- High school diploma or equivalent; Advanced degree preferred
- 2+ years of event marketing experience with a focus on direct to consumer branding, product marketing, medical marketing, and/or lead generation
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and internet research
- Valid driver’s license, access to reliable transportation, and ability to travel within a designated local territory as determined by business need
- Flexibility to work outside regular business hours (evenings / weekends), as needs require
- Bilingual in English / Spanish
- Previous experience in health care, ideally working directly with health care providers
- Experience working with older adult demographic
- Experience with CMS guidelines
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: healthcare, health care, provider, physician, marketing, outreach, event planning, membership, growth, retention, community, networking, Medicare, bilingual, Spanish, WellMed, San Antonio, Texas, TX
Please see job description.