This position is responsible for facilitating Lean Six Sigma Projects that review existing business processes for the purpose of improving employee productivity, eliminating inefficiencies and reducing expense. This includes organizing and facilitating project team sessions focused on specific business processes, process documentation (as is, to be states) and facilitating communications. The role will take direction from the Dental Business Leaders to identify projects and report progress back to the Director of Process Improvement.
- Partner with the Dental Business leaders to identify business process improvement opportunities to determine those with the greatest positive impact
- Utilize a HSIC tailored business process improvement methodology and templates to improve existing business processes
- Coordinate and prioritize activity with business managers to determine realistic scope and appropriate focus
- Track and report on key Process Improvement activity underway across the US Dental business
- Facilitate team sessions involving the subject matter experts on specific business processes
- Document and streamline existing processes (as is) and help develop new (to be) processes
- Provide expert process improvement advice to implementation teams in local country business units
- Communicate project performance to senior leadership teams
- Share best practices between country business units
- Participate in other special projects and performs other duties as required
Seasoned, experienced senior level professional; in-depth knowledge and full understanding of multiple disciplines and good knowledge of other related disciplines. Assignments are broad in nature and require excellent judgment and analytical ability, evaluation, originality and ingenuity to solve. Complete understanding and wide application of principles, theories and concepts of a particular field. Resolve a wide range of complex issues and assignments in creative and effective ways. Serve as a resource to others to resolve complex problems and issues. May play a support role in high-level projects that have an impact on company's future direction. May take on project lead role on medium-sized projects. Barriers to entry may exist at this level.
Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Interpret internal and/or external business issues and recommend solutions/best practices to solve a range of complex problems and assignments; take a broad perspective to identify solutions. Exercise judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Guide others in resolving complex issues based on existing solutions and procedures. Network with key senior internal and external personnel inside and outside own area of expertise.
Determine methods and procedures for new assignments and work independently with guidance in only the most complex situations. May act as a resource to formally train and mentor TSMs with less experience. Assignments are broad and moderately complex in nature. May manage vendor relationships.
Typically 8 or more years of increasing responsibility and complexity in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent preferred. May hold two or more industry certifications.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent understanding of industry practices
- Strong proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
- Excellent planning/organizational skills and techniques
- Excellent independent decision making, analysis and problem solving skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent conflict resolution skills and ability to deliver difficult messages
- Ability to build partnerships at all levels within the company
- Good negotiating skills
- Resolve complex issues in effective ways
- Project management, consultative skills and ability to manage a budget
- Specialist in multiple technical and/or business skills
- Ability to cultivate and develop lasting internal and external customer relations
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Proven success delivering results in similar Business Process Improvement projects
- Process improvement experience ideally in large multi-national organization in a manufacturing or distribution setting
- Strong process documentation skills and excellent Facilitation skills
Typically, to advance to a new job level, TSMs must demonstrate professional behavior and should consistently be at the high-end of meets expectations or consistently exceed expectations.
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel typically less than 10%. Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Job Field: Administrative