Are you passionate about advancing innovative solutions that will help end family homelessness?
If so, we could use your talents as a Housing Stability Specialist at Hamilton Families!
Hamilton Families (HF) is dedicated to ending family homelessness in the San Francisco Bay Area by. HFs rapid re-housing program helps families find and move into market-rate housing in the Bay Area. We do this through housing search assistance, move-in financial assistance, a medium-term rental subsidy, and home-based case management to help families move toward self-sufficiency. Working collaboratively with the City, the San Francisco Unified School District, and key partners, Hamilton is scaling up this program to assist450 familieswith children in the school district.
As aHousing Stability Specialist, you will do the critical work of helping these families themselves in their communities and maintain long-term housing. Use your skills as a listener, coach, advocate, and problem-solver to make a real difference.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Be a listener: Work with approximately 15-17 families in the program to assess their stability needs. Understand their barriers to recommend proper resources and referrals.
- Be a coach: Build trusting relationships with participants and coach them on maintaining long-term housing, accessing job and educational training, and connecting with local community resources.
- Be an advocate: Coordinate with colleagues to maintain positive relationships withlandlordsand property management companies who rent to our participants.
- Be a problem-solver:Assist participants in contacting and connecting with resources in the community. Complete paperwork with participants to ensure they are on track to succeed in the program. Work with the participants to find creative solutions to barriers around challenges related to transportation, childcare, disabilities and more.
- Ifyourebilingual, do it all in another language!
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- You must share our commitment to ending family homelessness in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- We value people who are resilient, flexible, and creative. You should be open to creating and joining a culture of feedback and learning, and be able to meet multiple deadlines and priorities with a positive attitude and problem-solving approach.
- You should haveaaminimum of 3 years of relevant experience in housing or social services OR a BA from an accredited college or university (social work, psychology, or related field preferred).
- You should be excited about working on diverse teams and collaborating with colleagues and participants from many different backgrounds.
- You need a CA drivers license and must be willing to travel throughout the Bay Area (the vehicle and insuranceare providedby HF).
- Even better if you have experience working with extremely low-income families, youth, survivors of domestic violence, populations impacted by substance abuse, mental illness, and HIV/AIDS, and/or other diverse communities. Knowledge of community resources for families with very low incomes in the Bay Area is a big plus!
Why choose Hamilton Families?
Great benefits:Hamilton Families (HF) offers excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, plus tax-advantaged Flexible Spending Arrangements for Health Care and Dependent Care. Employees also have the chance to earn up to $180 per calendar year for participating in various wellness activities and can participate in partnership discounts with various YMCA and 24 Hour Fitness locations. Additionally, HF offers tax-deductible commuter benefits thatcan be appliedto public transit, parking, and ride sharing services like Lyft Line and Uber pool.
Growth and leadership opportunities:The work at HFis designedfor individuals to follow their passions and commitment to community. HF takes professional development seriously and offers coaching and training opportunities at every level. A role with the Stability team is great for an individual who is interested in exploring community based nonprofit work, social work, or mental health disciplines. We also offer a $1,000 tuition reimbursement to employees each year (after 12 months of employment) and offer dozens of internal and external trainings for staff at every level annually.
Time off:HF employees enjoy generous benefits including 11 paid holidays, 3 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks of sick time per year.
Long-term benefits:HF offers an employer-matched 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, and other great long-term benefits!