Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function are involved in developing market strategies to support products and drive membership & sales growth. Position develops strategies and tactical plans to support consumer / member innovation, support new product and program launches, and combat competitive pressures. May analyze economic considerations, develop marketing forecasts, estimate costs, and manage program/project budgets.
The role will have a home based office but must be within the designated territory.
You never thought your career could help millions of lives. Well, here you can. As a Marketing Specialist, you'll utilize innovative strategies and programs to ensure access to health care coverage for the underserved and impact millions of lives. You'll use your energetic, empathetic approach to marketing and add value to our team. Through community marketing and outreach efforts, you will have direct impact on membership growth and retention. You'll use your creativity, strategic lens and outspoken attitude to be part of an elite team to rewrite the history of UnitedHealth Group. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Support the Sales / Marketing team in assigned territory
- Establish new relationships and maintain existing ones
- Collaborate with Sales Agents and Agent Managers to understand their needs
- Identify opportunity and develop a Marketing strategy, in a diverse multi - cultural Senior citizen population, which is supportive to the Sales Agent's networking (territory)
- Share our mission to help people live healthier lives, throughout the communities we service
- Create educational and sales events within our targeted population
- Execute, plan and coordinate resources (i.e., Vendors, Partners, Sales Agent, etc.) to ensure a successful event
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding targeted growth, retention, and enrollment expectations within assigned territory
- 2+ years of Community Outreach field experience.
- 1+ year of experience with Medicare and / or Medicaid
- Experience with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint; creating presentations, Word; creating & editing documents, & Excel; sorting & filtering data).
- 3+ years of marketing experience with in a matrix organization
- 3+ years’ experience managing and prioritizing several deliverables
- 3+ years proven experience influencing and collaborating with others
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client sites within a designated area
- Health / Life Insurance License is a plus
- Knowledge of CMS (Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services) Marketing rules and regulations.
- Bilingual fluency with English and Spanish is a plus
- Ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV / AIDS and high - risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Marketing Specialist, Community Outreach, UnitedHealth Group, Medicare, Medicaid, Marketing, New York, Erie, Niagara, Genesee, Upper New York