Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's third most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
- Follows all safety guidelines and rules; environmental and regulatory guidelines; uses all required safety equipment.
- Maintains quality and cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
- Process batches of paints and colorants.
- Assist in the process of pilot scale up batches.
- Perform and analyze laboratory tests and procedures and record data clearly and concisely.
- Maintain laboratory and equipment, including calibration automatic dispensers.
- Generate color matches using the color matching software and spectrophotometer.
- Prepare standard tint samples for use in color databases, as well as preparation of custom colors.
- Visually analyze and interpret color.
- Interpret spectrohotometric data.
- Investigate color complaints and perform corrective actions if needed.
- Maintain inventory of lab supplies and raw materials.
- Maintains the highest standards for product quality and service.
- Checks batch ticket for correct product.
- Ensures product information on container and lid is in accordance with batch ticket.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Ability to work in a team environment and the willingness to be cross-functional
- Excellent attention to detail
- Basic math skills, i.e. addition/subtraction
- Ability to use company software and computer system programs
- Good organizational and record keeping skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds continuously throughout shift
- Ability to stand in a lab environment for 8 hours
- Ability to climb stairs and walk the manufacturing floor frequently to assist Paint Dept as needed.
- Ability to work safely and follow SOP's
- Good interpersonal communication skills