Responsible for the overall leadership and management of manufacturing operations and the operations strategy for complex electrical equipment product lines at the Ladysmith facility. Key functions included in this job are manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, employee relations, production control, inventory control, procurement, information technology, quality, safety and environment, and logistics.
The position is expected to collaborate with global business partners to work toward common platforms, methods, procedures, and systems. The position has leadership responsibilities to drive a lean continuous improvement culture leading to quality improvements, cycle time reductions, safety improvements, cost and waste reductions, inventory reductions, supplier development and on-time shipping performance.
This position will be responsible for establishing and implementing operations strategy that will drive the Ladysmith plant as a low cost supplier. Direct and indirect reports of approximately 300 non-union employees.
- Manufacturing process knowledge in make-to-stock and engineered-to-order assembly environment
- Materials and order management, planning, and procurement
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement regarding costs, quality, delivery, cycle time and asset management through Lean practices.
- Capacity planning and management
- Demonstrates business leadership throughout the organization to create and achieve strategic and tactical objectives for the operation. Responsible for developing, maintaining and implementing a Strategic Manufacturing and Operations Plan that supports productivity and financial objectives.
- Quality systems management
- Employee relations with a US based workforce
- Develop expense and capital budgets and manage financial performance.
- Manage all issues associated with facility operations, maintenance, and Rockwell Automation's presence in the local community
- Ensures thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct and Ethics, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, security, quality and environmental), and functional policies published within Rockwell Automation.
- Creates, motivates and leads cross-functional teams across the organization to achieve the objectives of the company.
- Fosters culture of teamwork which values employee engagement and open communication within the facility and the business as a whole
- Lead systemic approach to workforce planning and succession planning, including identification and development of top talent
- Foster a performance based culture, including performance standards and career development planning for key talent in order to enhance the employee value proposition and positively impact employee engagement and retention.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
Operations & Engineering Services
Supply Chain and Operations
No. of Positions:
Ladysmith - Wisconsin
Over centuries, the world has evolved and advanced. New innovations change how we work. How we live. How things get made.
The next industrial evolution is here - a new test of intelligence for humans and machines. Where breakthroughs are hard-won and success requires sifting through overwhelming data for insights, clarity and confidence.
Rather than fearing change, we embrace its possibilities. We know how to connect the imaginations of people with the potential of machines to make the world work better. More intelligent. More connected. More productive.
We stand with the problem solvers, the builders, the makers, the innovators because we belong to that community. And we stand ready to lead the way. At Rockwell Automation, we are expanding human possibility.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).