We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Junior Designer reports directly to the Senior Design Director and is responsible for executing design projects for all departments as well as maintaining an organizational flow within the department. The Junior Designer supports the marketing team by assisting with graphic design needs as well as administrative tasks.
- Work closely with supervisor in the design and production of print and digital collateral consistent with program objectives, brand guidelines and budgetary constraints
- Execute design projects for all departments including, but not limited to, graphic design for campaigns, promotional material, advertisements, invitations, brochures, reports, infographics, digital image shares and social media graphics including simple animations and gifs, PowerPoint and keynote presentations
- Coordinate all aspects of a design project including working directly with the department lead, scheduling and planning, design and production
- Assist with internal photography needs
- Assist with photo and illustration research
- Maintain and organize photo collections
- Assist with administrative functions such as managing invoices and mailing items
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent in experience) with two to three years of experience in design and production is required.
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and commitment to providing high quality work with a service-oriented approach.
- Strong skills with social media, Microsoft Office applications, and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive).
- Proven proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects and Photoshop.
- Photography experience preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and customer service skills.
- Flexibility with work schedule; this position requires "on call" evening and weekend work
- Personal interest in and commitment to LGBTQ equality.
**Please submit your portfolio of work in the cover letter or resume via a link or upload separate documents.**
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States