In your field, learning never stops. And neither do you. You are continually pushing yourself to reach higher and go further. To do everything you can to ensure a positive outcome for our patients. Staying on top of your game and persevering in the face of challenge will be a big part of your success. And at every turn, you'll have the support of an elite and dynamic team. Join us in this role and you will use your diverse knowledge and experience to make health care work better for our patients, while doing your life's best work.(sm)
This Registered Dietician is responsible for providing health education to members in person and telephonically on a variety of topics including weight management, diabetes, bariatric surgery and nutrition. This position is in a fast paced wellness department which requires employee to change gears swiftly and have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within Las Vegas, NV area as you take on some tough challenges.
**Candidates must be available to travel to SMA locations to facilitate health education classes which require Saturday and evening work hours. **
- Promotes health education to member to improve health outcomes
- Completes chart notes and patient updates regarding patient status and recommendations to providers
- Maintains reports, clinical documentation, and evaluation of health education programs
- Conducts classes and individual consults for patients and their families, employees and the community in areas of acute and chronic disease management and health promotion
- Responsible for assessing health education needs, teaching classes and providing individual counseling to improve the health & well-being of members and employees. Assure patients and their families have access to accurate and up-to-date health information
- Conducts advanced specialized classes and individual consults for patients and their families, employees and the community in areas of chronic disease management and health promotion
- Licensed Registered Dietitian with an active and unrestricted NV state license
- Bachelor's degree in food and nutrition or dietetics with Registration in the American Dietetic Association
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking) communication skills
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent presentation and team building skills
- Flexible to travel to other SMA clinic sites
- Certified Lactation Consultant or working towards obtaining certification within 1 year of employment
- Certified Diabetes Educator
- Demonstrates an advanced knowledge of health behavior and adult learning techniques
- 3+ years involvement in health promotion programs including teaching, behavior modification and lecturing
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Registered Dietician, RD, Certified Diabetes Educator, Health Education, Certified Lactation Consultant, Behavior Modification, Health Promotion, Nutrition, Health Coach, Health Educator, Health Prevention, Disease Prevention, Weight Management, Nutritionist, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada, UHC, UnitedHealthcare