The Senior Human Resources Representative is responsible for supporting and leading in a variety of concentrations, including talent acquisition; associate engagement and labor relations; training and development; compensation
strategies; and special projects. This position will work closely with HR and Operations Leadership in a proactive approach to ensure the right associates are in the right jobs, are fully engaged and properly developed to provide
the business with the needed talent as our business grows. This position will support 18 locations (500+ associates) within the state of Washington and Oregon.
- Advise associates and management on interpretation of human resources policies, procedures, and programs including FMLA, LOA, PTO, compensation, and benefits.
Laws and Regulations:
- Ensure compliance and proper documentation in regard to all applicable laws and regulations, as well as Company-sponsored plans, programs and Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Investigate associate complaints and work with local Operations leadership and Human Resources Manager to resolve.
- Support department in its recruiting efforts by collaborating with managers and Area Recruiter. Anticipate staffing needs and work proactively to develop a staffing strategy.
Learning and Development:
- Facilitate New Associate Orientation for associates, lead trainings for departments as needed and support the company's organizational development strategy by coaching and advising managers on the career development process, performance management and succession planning.
- Advise department managers on strategy and activities that will promote a positive working environment and will develop managers' skills to reward and recognize and create a culture of engagement.
Diversity and Inclusion:
- Ensure that managers foster an inclusive work environment. Promote diversity awareness training. Utilize and encourage the use of a diversity lens when sourcing and selecting candidates for open positions.
- Responsible for compliance of HR related matters in location (e.g. I-9s, AAP good faith efforts, required training completion).
Special Assignments and tasks as assigned by the Area Human Resources Manager, such as:
- Supporting the onboarding program as needed
- Administration of Associate Discounts
- Coordinating HR department-sponsored events
- Administering the Exit Interview reporting database
- Perform administrative duties required by the location HR department.
- Perform administrative duties for the Area Human Resources Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field preferred
- 3-5 years of Human Resources generalist experience preferred.
- Experience working in the warehouse distribution, transportation, and supply chain industry is preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a big plus
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and documentation skills.
- Skill in operation of variety of computer software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to interpret Human Resources policies, procedures and laws.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to collect, compile and analyze information and data.
- Project management experience, high-level organizational skills and experience working with outside vendors.
- Regular travel required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management.