Location: 1010-Corporate Offices WCI
Job TitleAccounts Payable Supervisor
Requisition Primary LocationThe Woodlands, Texas
Requisition Primary Location
The Woodlands, Texas
We are looking for an experienced ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SUPERVISOR in our Corporate Office located in The Woodlands, TX.
The Accounts Payable Supervisor performs accounting and administrative work in the support of recording the company's expenditures. The position requires knowledge of basic accounting principles and accounts payable best practices. You may be asked to assist with ad-hoc projects and general support tasks when necessary.
- Responsible for month end close responsibilities such as booking journal entries and reconciling GL accounts.
- Reconciles account statements from vendors and responds to vendor inquiries.
- Assigns tasks, assess performance and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Acts as liaison between accounts payable clerks and vendor accountants.
- Assists A/P Director, as needed.
- Recommends possible changes to policies and procedures to improve efficiency.
- Administers daily and monthly tasks associated with purchasing card program.
- Responsible for yearly escheatment of unclaimed property to states.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Over 5 years of progressive accounting experience
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or AIS
- Understanding of common accounting procedures; highly skilled at analyzing and interpreting information.
- Firm understanding of accounts payable best practices, processes, banking regulations and governmental reporting requirements.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Intermediate computer skills, including proficiency with data management and spreadsheets.
- Strong organizational skills; proven reconciliation and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of state Unclaimed Property/Escheatment laws and processes.
- Knowledge of 1099 reporting laws.
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)