The Clinic Administrator provides leadership, direction and administration of operations to ensure accomplishment of clinic and organizational objectives. Directs, supervises and coordinates the overall operation of the clinic and staff.
Directs, supervises, coordinates specific functions and activities of clinics, including systems, policies and procedures, human resources, support services, etc. required
Assists the Medical Director in the development and marketing of new services and referral sources
Facilitates the employment, development and management of employees
Promotes the provision of cost-effective, high-quality health care services to patients
Cooperates with medical and administrative staff to ensure compliance with standards and regulations
Reviews operational problems/policies and recommends solutions and change to Medical Director
Collaborates with Medical Director in the preparation and implementation of quarterly budgets. Recommends funding based on knowledge of policies, costs, and operating practices
Represents clinic at public and professional meetings and conferences
Participates in clinic communication and public relations programs
Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional development to keep pace with the trends in health care administration
Performs other related duties which may be inclusive, but not listed in position job description
- Bachelor degree in health or business administration required. (four additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 3+ years of healthcare administration experience required, including one year of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of health care administration, clinic philosophy and policies and operating procedures
- Knowledge of fiscal management systems
- Knowledge of human resource management practices including supervision and staff development
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and reimbursement standards
- Knowledge of computer programs and applications
- Skill in organizing work to achieve clinic goals and objectives
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data
- Ability to research and prepare comprehensive reports
- Ability to monitor compliance standards
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- Supervisory experience within a clinic setting
- 2+ years of related experience in a clinic setting
- Licensed Vocational Nurse
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 350,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: clinic supervisor, clinic manager, clinic leader, administrator, manager, supervisor, WellMed, UnitedHealth Group, UHG, Supervisor, Manager, Clinic Operations, Clinic, Lead, Charge Nurse, Supervisor, Manager, Clinic Operations, Clinic, Lead, Charge Nurse, Hospital, Homecare, Hospice, Call center, Office Manager, managed care, ambulatory care, business office, primary care, medical, healthcare, Rockport, Texas, TX
Please see job description.