The Telephonic Health & Social Services Coordinator is responsible for facilitating, promoting and advocating for the enrollees’ ongoing self-sufficiency and independence. This position is responsible for assessment and planning for an identified group of patients (Community Well/Emerging High Risk Population). HSS Coordinator will manage the care of members by completing telephonic health assessments and coordinating patient care, focusing on disease management and keeping members healthy and independent. The care manager will provide clinical and medical management services, including care management, health assessments, interventions, and discharge planning.
If you're located in Houston, Texas, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Engaging members / families telephonically to coordinate services, community resources and treatment needs
- Delivering a holistic approach to coordinated care based on the member’s needs using a person centered philosophy
- Identifying early risk factors and conducting ongoing assessments and documenting in an electronic file
- Creating, reviewing and revising care plans and focusing on a holistic approach
- Functioning as an advocate for member
- Collaborating with the member's PCP to deliver and coordinate necessary services
- Building relationships with members and their families; assisting them with coordination of health choices
- Ensuring cases are documented in a timely manner
- Coordination with other state agencies, community resources and providers
- Act as the primary point of contact for Members and the Interdisciplinary Care Team (ICT)
LPN/LVN current and unrestricted in TX
3+ years of experience working within the community health setting in a health care role
Experience in long-term care, home health, hospice, public health or assisted living
Experience working with MS Word and Outlook
Must be able to commute to Texas UHC facility for training and meetings
A background in managing populations with complex medical or behavioral needs
Bilingual in Spanish or Vietnamese
Experience with electronic charting
Experience with arranging community resources
Experience in Home Health
Experience in Case Management
Experience in triage
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: LPN, Case Manager, Nurse, Nurse Case Manager, Social Work, Clinical, Case Management, Medicare, Medicaid, Medicaid Waiver, MDS, Managed Care, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Community Health, Long Term Care, LTC, Hospice, Public Health, Assisted Living , United Healthcare, UHC, Telecommute, Sugar Land, TX, Texas, Houston,