There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This LPN position is in adult medicine.
- Responsible for collection and documentation of patient information to include vital signs, chief compliant, review of medications, allergies health risk screen information, status of extended care benefits and other services
- Provide clinical intervention such as drug administration, treatments, and procedures as ordered by provider and within scope of practice
- Assist with phone calls and messages
- Determine best actions and collaborate with team to assign accountabilities to resolve
- Participate in monitoring patients with chronic disease and extended care benefits including verification of eligibility and status of services
- Anticipate provider needs for patient exam or treatment in collaboration with RN
- Assist RN with the coordination and completion of patient care plan
- Assist coworkers with duties when requested to include training of medical
assistants and assisting in areas as needed
- Responsible for compliance requirements such as laboratory QC management, waive testing, maintenance of crash cart and narcotic count as well as other requirements dictated by clinic needs
- Gather medical information as needed to present cases to ITDs as required
- Other responsibilities as required
- High school diploma or GED
- Current, unrestricted NV LPN license or temporary NV LPN license with the ability to obtain permanent NV LPN license upon expiration of temporary NV LPN license
- Current CPR / BLS certification
- 1+ years of clinical experience as a LPN
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Immunization and injection experience
- Charge or leadership experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: LPN, medical, nurse, Southwest Medical, Optum, UHG, adult medicine, internal medicine, primary care, CPR, IV, Las Vegas, NV