Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
WellMed provides concierge - level medical care and service for seniors, delivered by physicians and clinic staff that understand and care about the patient’s health. WellMed’s proactive approach focuses on prevention and the complete coordination of care for patients. WellMed is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
The Clinic Administrator provides leadership, direction and administration of operations to
ensure accomplishment of clinic and organizational objectives. Coordinates, supervises and is responsible for the daily activities of the staff and overall operation of the clinic. Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion. Identifies and resolves operational problems using defined processes, expertise and judgment.
- Directs, supervises, coordinates specific functions and activities of clinic, including systems, policies and procedures, human capital, support services, etc. as required.
- Collaborates with the providers at the clinic to ensure clinical support is provided and delivered in accordance with the provider’s direction, needs of the patients and within the scope of practice of the clinical support staff.
- Promotes the provision of cost-effective, high-quality health care services to patients:
- tracks and trends outreach and patient engagement efforts and develop new strategies as needed.
- provides continual process improvement including all Quality, HEDIS and Focus on Care processes and/or services.
- Oversees medical and administrative staff to ensure:
- compliance with standards and regulations.
- validation of clinical competencies for all clinical staff.
- complete, accurate and timely documentation in the EMR
- Reviews operational problems/policies and recommends solutions and changes to Medical
- Director to minimize risk and meet external regulatory requirements
- Collaborates with Medical Director in the preparation and implementation of quarterly annual budgets. Recommends funding based on knowledge of policies, costs, and operating practices.
- Facilitates the employment, development and management of all clinic employees.
- Assists the Medical Director in the development and marketing of new services and referral sources.
- represents clinic at public and professional meetings and conferences.
- participates in clinic communication and public relations programs.
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional development to keep pace with the trends in health care administration.
- Performs other related duties which may be inclusive, but not listed in position job description.
- Current, unrestricted RN licensure in the applicable state
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing and / or health related field or Business Administration required. (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree)
- 6 + years progressive experience in medical practice management, including 3 years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of health care administration, clinic philosophy and policies and operating procedures
- Knowledge of fiscal management systems
- Knowledge of human resource management practices including supervision and staff development
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and reimbursement standards
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem solving, decision making
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective relationship with staff, Senior Management, patients, vendors, payers, and the public
- Skill in organizing work to achieve clinic goals and objectives
- Solid data mining, analytical and reporting skills
- Must be able to review and interpret data to make recommendations to senior - management
- Ability to monitor compliance standards required by Joint Commission or Accreditation
- Association for Ambulatory Health Care
- Out - of - town travel required as deemed necessary by business need
- 6 + years of directly related experience in medical practice management or healthcare related field specialized in HEDIS / Stars improvement
- Supervisory experience within a clinic setting
- Bilingual language skills (Spanish) – speaking, reading and writing
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
RN Clinic Manager, Palliative Care, Irving, Dallas, Fort Worth, TX, Texas