Sodexo Corporate Services seeks a qualified Director of Facilities Operations, who will be responsible for directing facilities custodial and maintenance operations of building(s) and property at two units (Vega Baja & Barceloneta, PR) with an annual managed volume greater than 10 million dollars.
The ideal candidate will have success, knowledge and ability to do the following:
- Draft and execute strategic plans from the company and client
- Strong background in an FDA regulated manufacturing or lab spaces in a GXP environment
- Meet established KPI’s and SLA’s
- Establish and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Build and develop the FM staff to exceptional service and performance levels
- Have knowledge of and experience in all facets of service delivery including; Utilities, Facilities maintenance, Business services, Janitorial, and Food services.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of building and systems management
- Manage sub-contracted vendors to established KPI’s and SLA’s
- Proactively solve problems for client
- Manage construction and other projects
- Manage client and Sodexo budgets in excess of $10M
- Ability to maneuver in a contested client environment and be quite fact based to aid in backing up decisions/actions of the SDX team.
- Engineering background with the ability to “negotiate” with each of the client system owners on a technical level.
- Strong financial aptitude related to costing “out of GMAX” work
Ideal candidate will have:
- Four (4) year degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Construction Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Five (5) years of experience in facilities management including custodial operations, grounds and landscape operations and maintenance, engineering, maintenance, construction experience with related continuous education courses.
- Working knowledge of HVAC, utilities and piped gas systems.
- Computer literate with excellent technical, organizational, interpersonal and written/verbal communications.
The Director of Facilities Operations is responsible for directing facilities maintenance operations of building(s) and property at a single unit. The Director of Facilities Operations manages the preventative maintenance and reactive repair of skilled trades, e.g., HVAC, plumbing, electrical, utilities; and manages the hiring, training and supervision of staff, professionals and management. The Director of Facilities Operations manages a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. The Director may oversee construction work and often manages other core Sodexo services, and/or logistics of business/operations services, e.g., grounds keeping, laundry, food, security, inventory, mail, concierge services.