Sodexo has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Human Resource Manager 2 who will direct and support the HR activities for Sodexo at Children's Hospital Los Angeles in Los Angeles, CA. This role will support Environmental Services Department with 180 non-union front-line employees.
The successful candidate will have experience in all Human Resource functions, including administration of facility hiring, retention, termination, legal compliance, benefits, worker’s compensation, FMLA, long-term staffing strategies, payroll, and strong understanding of California Labor Law, etc.
Human Resource Manager Job Responsibilities Include:
- Works closely with on-site managers to ensure compliance with Sodexo human resource policy and procedures and other human resource needs.
- Execution of all Sodexo and Hospital required HR reporting.
- Maintains employee files ensuring compliance with hospital and Sodexo standards.
- Oversees Employee Relations and Employee retention.
- Addressing all Sodexo employee relations situations.
- Interacts with the client Hospital Human Resource team as necessary.
- Responsible for all unit level recruitment including job posting and interviewing.
- Facilitates all required Sodexo HR training programs including New Employee On-boarding.
- Lead other human resource initiatives for the unit.
- Other HR activities as needed.
If you have the following skill-set, then we would love to hear from you:
- Human Resources experience working in a similar sized and type of industry.
- Ability to lead HR practices and objectives.
- Ability to provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity standards, goal attainment.
- Ability to support and promote ongoing development of a superior workforce.
- Strong attention to details as well as ability to be successful in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Computer literate in all MS Office products.
- Knowledgeable of Nevada state and federal HR policies and laws.
- Skilled in the area of employee relations.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment.
- Professional communication skills.
Ability to speak Spanish will assist in managing the workforce.
Handles human resource functions and administration for single unit/account. May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Education managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure.