Fulfills all aspects in the installation and service of all large equipment and technology in the practitioner's office with the focus on "excellence" in customer service.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provides responsible repair and installation services to our customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Provides and maintains the necessary tools of the trade and have readily available to perform installation and repair services.
- Maintains and manages proper levels of inventory in van.
- Attends all required training, which includes but is not limited to Henry Schein Dental Career Development training and specific manufacturer technical training.
- Complies with all OSHA regulations as outlined in the OSHA manual and training. Maintains and utilizes personal protective equipment when needed.
- Communicates in a timely manner to all necessary inside personnel and dispatchers, keeping all informed of progress of assignments.
- Educates customers on proper care and maintenance and advises on troubleshooting procedures.
- Completes all work orders in a timely manner and submits all job related paperwork within the required timeframes.
- Complies with all terms of the Fleet Management Policy including maintenance and accident management policies.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
This position requires the delivery, installation and repair of equipment involving customers. Technicians will be expected to maneuver large equipment as needed. The physical nature of this position, at times, may require substantial an/or repetitive bending, stooping and lifting.
- Minimum 3 years equipment, hardware or software installation in a customer service environment required. Previous dental experience preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
The successful candidate will possess a high school diploma, or equivalent, and will ideally have several years experience in computer networking including hardware and software configuration, troubleshooting and installation. Computer industry certifications are desired, but not mandatory. Experience with commercial audio and video systems as well as working knowledge of hydraulics, mechanical and electrical systems preferred.
- Strong customer interpersonal skills.
- High School Diploma, Associates Degree or Technical School Certification is desirable.
- Must be able to comply with company uniform and dress policy and must be able complete all work related tasks utilizing company provided laptop.
- Valid driver's license required.
Henry Schein, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Job Field: Equipment Support