Sodexo is seeking Resource Executive Chef 3 at Marist College, located in Poughkeepsie, NY.
** RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE! **
Is this opportunity right for you?
The Ideal Candidate will have the following in your culinary “tool kit”:
- Can you “throw down” in very HIGH VOLUME production -Have experience in large volume dining_, over 10,000 resident students_, with ability and knowledge to develop menus within a contract, meeting food costs and dietary requests.
- A strong artistic culinary flair – can you impress the President of a university and lead the culinary department to provide new trending ideas/menus.
- Knowledge of current culinary trends – can you compete with food trends and top chefs?
- Have the ability to inspire a kitchen staff - Be a strong trainer/mentor to the culinary staff – elevating their skills, overseeing daily production to high standards of quality/presentation and on trend menus, and ensuring safety/sanitation.
- Experience using Sodexo Food Management Systems and other proprietary systems
- Seeking Bilingual Candidates – the ability to speak Spanish will help managing this workforce.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high volume facility;_ and
- Catering operations will be critical for our success so looking for an Executive Chef who has high end catering and high volume catering expertise.
- a love for food and desire to mentor/share culinary knowledge with staff.
We are committed to enhancing the learning environment on campus through world-class food services and we welcome you to join our team in this exciting career opportunity.
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions – when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Provides culinary leadership within a large sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.