Let’s talk about meaningful work, an important role and a career move that can transform your future. At WellMed, a part of OptumCare and the growing UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we focus on prevention and the complete coordination of care for our patients. Join us and you’ll be part of a team dedicated to patient-centered, safe and effective health care. Your skills and talents will make an important impact on our patients while you open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization.
- Retrieving previous medical records on all established and new patient for upcoming appointment (from all PCP, hospitals in state or out of state)
- Getting all testing ordered for all recheck & new patient appointments (lab results from all lab facilities, radiology from all facilities)
- Electronically get hospital records for all hospital f/u appointment for new patients, as well as all post op appointments. This is generally from 15+ local hospitals. Excluding hospitals that are not on line accessible.
- Call patient to verify if testing done, if not we cancel appointment or reschedule appointments
- File ALL records received into patient's charts
- Verifying that all appointments are scheduled correctly
- High school education or equivalent experience.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 to 2+ years of related work experience, including data entry
- 1+ years of experience in a medical office setting
- Ability to read and interpret office forms and insurance cards and understand referrals
- ICD 9 or 10 and CPT coding experience
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish and English
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate Care Coordinator, Las Vegas, NV