Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical part of OPTUMcare is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
The Referral Navigator is responsible for processing referrals from Primary Care Providers (both internal and external/network) for the purposes of obtaining specialist care by our internal/network specialty Providers.
***This role will float to all clinics as business needs arise**
- Building new referrals from network providers
- Reviewing to ensure all necessary documents and information has been provided
- Sending back documents for additional information
- Canceling those that do not meet criteria or do not have necessary information required within a specified time frame, forwarding to MD review if questionable
- Accepting referrals and determining if meets outsource or overflow criteria
- While most of the work is computer-based, there is a lot of paperwork handling, faxing, and scanning in addition to multiple telephone calls
- This is primarily a sedentary desk job which will consist of >90% of time spent working on a computer and handling the telephone
- High School Diploma / GED
- 1+ year of experience in a Healthcare and / or Clinical setting
- CPR Certified, or able to attain certification within 30 days of employment
- 1+ year of experience working with Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and / or Practice Management Software systems
- 1+ year of experience and/or training as a Medical Assistant
- Experience with Microsoft office programs
- Bilingual in Spanish
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Patient Care Tech, Patient Care, Referrals, Clinic, Medical Office, CNA, Medical Assistant, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada