Part-time Bilingual Clerical Technician (Grant Funded)
Current Madison College employees must apply to the internal career site by logging into Workday
Job Posting Date:
July 5, 2019
$17.59 - $19.57
School of Academic Advancement_Student Support
Madison College is excited to introduce a Part-time Bilingual Clerical Technician in the School of Academic Advancement! We are seeking a candidate who is bilingual, well organized, and comfortable working around students and families to obtain high school diploma or equivalency. If you are looking for a fulfilling career that can display your customer service, project management, and communication skills, apply now!
We are seeking applicants who can further the College's commitment to diversity. We strongly encourage applicants to apply who have personal, life, work, academic, and/or experience with diverse populations. Individuals from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
This position will close on July 17, 2019, at 11:59 pm. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please submit cover letter and resume.
This is a part-time, 20 hours per week, 52 weeks per year position. Hours are Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
This position is grant funded through June 30, 2020, continuation of this position is dependent on continued grant funding beyond this date.
This posting may be used to fill similar vacancies that occur within six months of the closing date.
This position is located in the vibrant and diverse city of Madison, Wisconsin's 2nd largest city and state capitol. Nestled between two recreational lakes, Madisonians are offered year-round activities for all, including the Dane County Farmers' Market located around the Capital Square, more than 200 miles of scenic biking and hiking trails, world class restaurants, and numerous festivals and community events. Madison is consistently ranked as a top community in which to work, live and play. Madison offers a small town feel, with a big city impression. But, if that's not enough, Madison is just a short 125 miles northwest of Chicago and 77 miles west of Milwaukee. To learn more about what Mad-Town has to offer, you can visit (please use the apply button below).
ORGANIZATIONAL FUNCTION AND RELATIONSHIPS:
The High School Equivalency Program (HEP) purpose is to help migrant and seasonal farm workers and their immediate family members obtain the equivalency of a High School diploma and subsequently gain employment or enroll in a career program in an institution of higher education. This position performs regular clerical duties to provide excellent customer service and maintain grant compliance. This position is responsible for office and phone reception, creating and maintaining student files, preparing bilingual corespondence, handling all department mailings, taking minutes in meetings, all purchasing responsibilities and associated budget preparation, maintaining and preparing stipend reports for review, maintaining an inventory of program materials and hardware, and handling student enrollment client reporting.
This position reports to the High School Equivalency Program (HEP) Administrative Manager.
The following duties are typically expected of this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Maintains and updates all official HEP program student files, utilizing both paper and electronic systems.
2. Serves as receptionist for HEP Commercial Avenue office by providing information and excellent customer service to students/visitors.
3. Uses PeopleSoft system to enroll all HEP students and perform grant reporting functions.
4. Corresponds regularly with testing center to ensure that all paperwork is complete before students begin their GED/HSED testing.
5. Prepares stipend reports for director's review, and assists with disseminating student stipends.
6. Collects, assembles and organizes materials and data for complex reports.
7. Performs basic clerical tasks including, but not limited to:
- Responding to telephone requests and inquiries.
- Creating requisitions and receiving goods and services.
- Assisting in preparation of budget materials.
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail, including electronic mail.
- Maintaining appointment and meeting schedules, obtaining meeting rooms when necessary.
8. Records and prepares minutes of meetings.
9. Assists with the planning, organization, and communication for the annual HEP picnic.
10. Responds to questions and requests from other units, referring individuals to other units or sources when appropriate.
11. Demonstrates a commitment to the college values of excellence, respect and integrity.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by the President or designee.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
1. Knowledge of modern office practices, grammar, spelling, punctuation and proper English usage.
2. Ability to operate basic office machines including, but not limited to the following: photocopiers, calculators, FAX, scanners, cisco telephones, etc.
3. Ability to type/keyboard at 50 words per minute.
4. Ability to use Microsoft Office suite programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook,and PowerPoint,
5. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
6. Ability to analyze/reconcile data derived from different sources or documents.
7. Ability to coordinate own work with that of others, to review the work of others and maintain appropriate quality standards for assigned units of work.
8. Ability to communicate (oral and written) in English and Spanish.
9. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
10. Skill in communicating effectively with Madison College students, staff and general public.
11. Demonstrated skill in communications and human relations with populations of diverse socio-economic and racial backgrounds.
1. One year post-secondary or equivalent.
2. One year (2,000 hours) of responsible office clerical work experience directly related to the skills required.
3. Bilingual (oral and written) in English and Spanish is
If you are experiencing application issues please contact the HR hotline, .
Madison Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Rosemary Buschhaus, J.D., SPHR, SHRM-SCP,
Associate Vice President, Human Resources,
1701 Wright St Madison, WI 5370
To apply, visit (please use the apply button below)
Welcome! Thank you for visiting our career site, where Madison College is committed to matching talent to opportunity. We are known for our real-world, smart approach to learning - offering students innovative, high-tech career pathways and college transfer opportunities with more than 150 programs to choose from. Madison College is a great place to work and has been for over 100 years, serving more than 33,000 students in 12 south-central Wisconsin counties. The College offers generous salaries, benefits, and an inspiring work environment. Employees enjoy a culture dedicated to lifelong learning, wellness and inclusiveness.
Take some time and look around — once you've have a chance to explore our current opportunities, apply to the ones you feel best suit your interests, background and experiences. Thereafter, you can keep track of your application status and watch for new opportunities that might be of interest to you.
Along with our competitive wages, check out the benefits that we offer: (please use the apply button below)
Learn More about Madison College: (please use the apply button below)
As part of the application process, finalists will undergo a background check including criminal history, educational verification, and references. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify you from employment. All cases are considered on an individual basis, and the offense will be compared to the position for which you are applying.
Copyright &# Jobelephant Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
See job description.