Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch(c) system and the Nintendo 3DS(c) family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System(c), Nintendo has sold more than 4.7 billion video games and more than 740 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy(c), Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS(c) family of systems, Super NES(c), Nintendo 64(c), Nintendo GameCube(c), Wii(c) and Wii U(c) systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokmon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company's website at http://www.nintendo.com.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Works with manager to develop mobile game campaign plans for major updates on existing NOA titles and ensures that product specific goals and business priorities are aligned.
- Develops and manages the execution of marketing campaign plans throughout entire campaign lifecycle, from creating strategy to ongoing reporting within NOA.
- Serves as cross-functional mobile operations Lead, collaborating with internal and external partners, including Advertising, Insights, Online Marketing Legal, Localization and Product development groups.
- Partners with Manager, Marketing Strategy and Planning to ensure that existing campaign plans are running and delivering as planned, including confirming other marketing channels deliver on time and as intended.
- Partners with other bilingual mobile team leads to review data from various sources and provide key development schedules to Mobile supporting teams including Advertising, Online Marketing Legal, Localization and Product development groups.
- Reviews and analyzes data from various sources and provides key insights to determine real-time improvements and overall effectiveness of campaigns.
- Ensure the quality of deliverables conforms to NOA standards (legal/ESRB compliance, marketing strategy, etc.).
- Communicates and collaborates with global partners (NCL, Nintendo of Canada, Nintendo of Latin America, Nintendo of Europe) with regard to regional and/or worldwide campaign overlap.
- Tracks campaign budgets, marketing ROI and sales performance.
- Partners with Manager, Marketing Strategy and Planning to prepare presentations summarizing campaign strategy, creative, key performance metrics and actionable findings and presents to executive management as needed.
- Leads or contributes to the PDCA process including quick-cycle hypothesis articulation, and recommends/develops resulting action plans
- Works with Manager, leads or engages in marketing innovation trials and consumer-driven business opportunity exploration and business case development
- Translates general documentation and communication at a quality level, including business correspondence, using appropriate nuance.
- Supports manager in the operations of mobile budgets and acts as liaison to NOA and NCL Finance/Accounting departments, developing, tracking and reporting on all Contract Services agreements related to the global mobile business.
- Responsible for project-based support to the team for the mobile business including, but not limited to, organizing and coordinating global meetings, managing notes and reporting results.
- Facilitates communication between NCL and internal departments at NOA.
- Contributes to process improvement initiatives by identifying issues and making recommendations.
- When needed, can assist in interpreting for in-house meetings, video, and teleconferences.
- Acts as back-up for manager, as needed, in various cross-functional team meetings.
- Supports manager(s) on the Marketing Strategy and Planning team on all NOA marketing campaign planning activities (including non-Mobile), as needed, including scheduling meetings, maintaining campaign planning digital platforms and dates, preparing and sharing meeting agenda and notes, submitting marketing funding requests, ensuring marketing documents are organized and easy to use, etc. (approx. 20-30% of time allocation).
- Serves as a fully integrated and vital member of the Marketing Strategy and Planning team at NOA.
- Maintains full visibility across all NOA product and service offerings, including hardware systems, software titles, digital content, digital services, accessories and mobile; recommends and implements marketing integration opportunities between mobile games and other products and services.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- 4 to 6 years of relevant of relevant Marketing and/or Project Management experience; 3 or more in mobile games preferred.
- Familiarity with mobile business models, including various monetization approaches, social integration and in-app advertising.
- Possesses analytical skills and ability to think strategically.
- In-depth knowledge of Japanese and English, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Excellent written and verbal fluency in Japanese and English, as well as proofing and editing skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office proficiency, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to manage programs and collaborate with teams across multiple projects and across remote offices/locations.
- Video Game industry experience a plus.
- Undergraduate degree. Background in Marketing, Business, Communications or a related field is preferred.
- Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) N1 certification or equivalent capability.
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity...celebrating strengths.