Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance.
Our customer service teams have a serious responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, positive, and memorable for what it says about how much we care.
The Telephonic Community Health Worker is a non-clinical role. In this role, you will provide telephonic outreach to high risk Medicaid members to complete assessments and provide education and referrals as needed. If you are looking for a role to really help people this is the job for you.
- Handle outbound / inbound member calls
- 100% telephonic role using an auto dialer
- Metrics based – quality & performance
- Resolve customer service inquiries
- Provide excellent customer service to both providers and enrollees
- Constantly meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining good attendance
- Skills with providing public sector customer service
- Member engagement
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of call center and / or telephonic customer service experience
- 6+ months of professional experience in an office setting using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform the job duties
- Work experience using Microsoft Word (edit, create & save documents), Microsoft Excel (sorting & filtering data), and Microsoft Outlook (email, folders, attachments and calendaring)
- Ability to work Monday – Friday 9:30am to 6:00pm Eastern
- Healthcare or insurance benefits experience
- Experience / knowledge of community outreach resources
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Previous experience as a telecommuter
- Medicaid and / or Medicare experience
- Must be able and comfortable with maintaining metrics and goals within the department
- Must be comfortable working on the phone and computer simultaneously while assisting members
- Must be comfortable cold calling members to discuss added benefits
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: customer service, call center, community, resources, outbound calls, inbound calls, CHW, telecommute, Tennessee, Medicaid, members, high risk