Sodexo is hiring an Environmental Services/ Custodial Manager 2 for The Methodist Health System, located in San Antonio, Texas. Methodist Health is the largest facility within HCA with a 850+bed acute care center that houses a Children's and Women's hospital onsite. The ideal candidate will join this team with flexibility to work a 3rd shift schedule and the role will require the manager to work some weekends and holidays.
Our ideal candidate will have extensive Environmental Services, Housekeeping and/or Custodial Management experience in a health care/hospital environment with a successful work history leading others. JCAHO experience is preferred. Seeking self-starters with excellent customer service, communication and relationship building skills. The ability to speak Spanish would be helpful managing this position, but is not required. Sodexo experience is a plus.
Is this opportunity right for you?
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 125,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 9,000 client sites and more than 15 million customers a day in North America.
Our Health Care Environmental Services/Housekeeping teams work to direct housekeeping operations at health care client locations, partnering with them to deliver innovative solutions. These teams also have responsibility for driving client satisfaction by providing stellar customer service via effective communication with all levels of hospital staff, as well as follow-through with action items that impact both client and patient satisfaction.
Are you the experienced Environmental Services/Housekeeping Manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for a candidate who:
- is a leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service and the technical execution of a health care housekeeping system;
- has in-depth knowledge of Sodexo ES systems and processes including TRAKKAR, UOS, Gold Check, ENGAGE and black light inspections;
- possesses strong leadership skills and has the ability to work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- has 1-2 years previous custodial or housekeeping management experience in a hospital or healthcare environment;
- has the ability to analyze data, present and effectively communicate to all levels within the organization related to training, leading hospital committees and change management;
- has experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- has experience improving patient satisfaction, and driving full compliance to HCAHPS, local, state and Joint Commission standards;
- is proficient with computers and other technology;
- has experience with vendor and contract management, as well as union and contract negotiations;
- has strong financial acumen and budget management experience
- Responsible for driving client and patient satisfaction scores
- Provides a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff
- Works with the Environment of Care Committee and Infection Prevention Director
- Effectively manages the Unit Operating System
- Supports a diverse and inclusive workforce
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo’s unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Environmental Service/Housekeeping positions in Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for ES/Housekeeping jobs.
Provides management oversight for Environmental Services non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place as required to consistently meet all company, client, and regulatory requirements. Responsible for non-exempt work force planning through effective scheduling, development of daily work flow assignments, training and development, and monitoring for compliance to the plan.
-Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory maintenance.
-Provide leadership and direction to non-exempt employees
-Coordinate/conduct employee training
-Administer Human Resource processes (hiring, performance reviews, constructive counseling, prepare work schedules, payroll, etc.)
-Interact with outside vendors
-Ensure Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place and consistently met.
-Develop/implement action plans for improvement in compliance with Sodexo Operating Standards as identified.
-Reviews and maintains assigned areas of the Sodexo/Client budget commitments