Bilingual Spanish Field Representative - Sacramento-41112
Field Operations and Panel Recruitment-USASacramento, California
Nielsen is known for our work in TV and Radio Ratings. Since 1923, we have studied consumers in more than 100 countries. We give a complete view of trends and habits worldwide on what people watch, listen to and buy.
Being a Nielsen Field Representative allows you to make your friends with boring jobs jealous and work with the best because no company in the world knows more about consumers than Nielsen. That means you never stop learning because our world is your classroom.
The Nielsen Field Representative position provides the opportunity to combine technical aptitude with outstanding people skills while working a non-traditional schedule including evenings and weekend hours. Field Representatives are available to take customer calls and are responsible for maintaining a designated customer base of up to 100 Nielsen Families/Households.
What does a Field Representative do?
Field Representatives build and maintain relationships with Nielsen Families/Households and educate Panel Members on the proper use of our equipment. Field Representatives install, maintain and troubleshoot proprietary hardware and software in our sample homes to capture three screen audience measurements - Mobile, Online, and TV.
- Establish and maintain long term relationships with assigned Nielsen Families/Households
- Install Nielsen measurement equipment in newly assigned Nielsen Families/Households
- Drive to selected homes within a designated territory, using company-provided vehicle
- Identify problems and troubleshoot data/equipment
- Ensure collection and transmission equipment is properly installed and configured to transmit necessary audience data
- Respond to calls from assigned Nielsen Families/Households and ensure equipment is maintained and operating effectively
- Prioritize, schedule and complete all work in compliance with established policy and guidelines in assigned territory
- Accurately collect and report demographics and audience information using Nielsen proprietary software
- Educate and coach Panel Members on proper operation and usage of Nielsen equipment
- Negotiate and maintain the cooperation of Panel Members, solicit additional participation in Nielsen samples, such as PC measurement, portable video, and others
- The successful candidate will possess the following qualities: Position requires bending and lifting television sets.
- Ability to work in non-traditional schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Strong technical skills which may include: previous experience with consumer electronics. software systems and networking knowledge
- Superior customer service skills and ability to connect with Nielsen Families
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent organizational/time management skills
- Minimum High School Diploma/GED with 2-5 years equivalent work experience
- Computer/Smart Phone/Tablet proficiency; ability to use email, spreadsheets, and other applications
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
- Technical diploma, Certificate of Completion, Associate's degree or military experience is a plus
- Bilingual language skills are a plus
What does the benefits package include?
Our comprehensive benefits package is effective day 1 of employment. That's right– We provide you with full benefits on your first day of work. We are happy to offer you various health and well-being benefits, unlimited career potential, top-of-the-line training, paid time off, and a company car to just name a few.
- Extensive paid sales training program. May require travel in various markets for training – lodging and transportation included
- Competitive compensation that includes annual base salary, performance-based bonus plan Company car, including insurance, gas, and maintenance saving you as much as $8,000 per year
- Tablet, home printer, and cell phone with your monthly talk and data service provider
- 401(k) Plan with company match and Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off to encourage time for you to find balance, rest, and re-energize: 10 vacation days, 6 personal days, 7 company holidays, 10 sick days, maternity leave (10 weeks) and paternity leave (2 weeks)
- And many other outstanding employee benefits
Were in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, were measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of whats happening now and whats coming next for our clients. Todays data is tomorrows marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. Thats why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. Were bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See whats next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Secondary Locations:, , ,
Travel: Yes, 25% of the Time