Job TitleCredit & Collections Clerk
Requisition Primary LocationMiami, Florida
Why you need to join us!
CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self directed all-stars know what they do is important.
INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
We are looking for a Credit & Collections Clerkwho wants to excel in an environment of operational excellence at our Miami, FL location.
The Credit and Collections Clerk performs vital functions to the business as well as to the customers (both internal and external) by focusing on customer billing and collections.
Key Duties, Responsibilities , and Tasks:
- Fully responsible for all components of collections and DSO.
- Auditing customer accounts and verifying for accuracy and legitimacy
- Participate in monthly financial forecast and close for bad debt amounts
- Gathers records such as purchase orders, sales tickets & charge slips in order to verify billing
- Confers with customer by telephone in attempt to determine reason for overdue payment, reviewing terms of sales, service or credit contract with customer
- Records information about financial status of customer and status of collection efforts
- Documents correspondence on the customer accounts within the billing system
- Assist customers with online payment services
- Work closely with brokered accounts to track payments and provide information requested by them to identify short pays
- Produce manual invoices for certain customers requiring additional details
- Learn and utilize all billing tools available
- Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully and develops alternative solutions
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations and responds promptly to customers needs
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarifications; responds well to question
To be considered for this position you must have:
- 2+ years of General Accounting Experience (General Ledger, Collections, and/or Billing experience preferred)
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- General understanding of accounting practices and principles
- Good Communication skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future". Please apply online only, walk in applications will not be accepted.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)