Sodexo is seeking a talented Executive Chef 2 at George Mason University to come be a part of our growing Culinary team.
This position will manage a team of sous chefs as well as frontline employees on campus and will be called upon to deliver high quality culinary & management results. We are looking for a chef that has experience and can run a professional, high end kitchen. The ideal candidate will be ready to lead and develop talent through motivation, education, skill, and passion. Our goal is to provide an exceptional dining experience for our clients, guests, and team. If this sounds like a position you are interested in, apply today!
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high volume facility; and
- strong management skills.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.