Penske Truck Leasing, an industry leading transportation company, is currently expanding IT operations into the Tampa Market. We are looking for qualified developers and software engineers to build and support next generation applications. Our teams have been working with some of the latest technologies to deliver innovative logistics solutions to our customers. We are fast moving and growing our efforts across many different technologies consisting of a collaborative project team environment that allows you the opportunity to display your skills and learn from others. Our MIS department is a lab-like environment, and our developers have been building web and mobile applications that integrate with Big Data and Cloud platforms- to provide our customers with real time information on their fleet management and driver performance. This team is being built from the ground up, and will have an immediate, visible impact to our organization.
This Senior Salesforce Developer (Software Engineer) position is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing complex software systems and may be considered as the technical expert on a development team, and will use there their expertise to help design applications and assist in technology research and recommendations as it pertains to their specific user department. This role will assist with the architectural design of the application, and support the Enterprise Architecture team in formulating standards and best practices for designing and coding applications. They may be part of the team that evaluates and researches third-party software solutions, and recommends vendor software customization and deployment or in-house design and development to address client group needs. The Senior Salesforce Developer (Software Engineer) is required to be part of small to medium sized cross functional teams and are expected to demonstrate a consultative approach in working with process owners and IT teams to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions. This role is expected to assist their specific development team in the creation of technical specifications, development best practices by conducting code reviews, functional and load based test plans. The Senior Salesforce Developer (Software Engineer) is expected to deliver technical training sessions on technologies/methodologies to their respective development teams. They are expected to have detailed technical knowledge of at least 1-2 mission critical business applications and are called upon during system issues.
- Responsible to assess task quality and provide ongoing feedback to project members.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 7+ year's of overall software development experience is required
- 4+ year's of Salesforce development experience is required
- Extensive experience with Salesforce.com development tools and techniques including: APEX, Force.com custom development, triggers, controllers, Force.com SOAP and REST APIs, JSON, sObjects, SOQL, SOSL, outbound messaging and creating Visual Force Pages is required
- Familiarity with Aura Framework
- Experience building Lightning Aura Components
- Experience in Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Communities
- Lightning experience required (1+ year)
- Deep understanding and experience of Salesforce's native declarative functions (Process Builder, Flow, Reports and Dashboards, Permissions, etc.) is required
- Experience Building/Modifying Customer Service Community Template
- Salesforce Developer certification(s) preferred
- Experience with ETL tools to send data between salesforce and backend databases
- Experience in database modeling
- Previous experience as tech lead or overseeing junior/offshore resources is a plus
- Project Management experience preferred
- Must be deadline and detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Must have excellent people skills.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a
premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.