Sodexo is seeking multiple Senior Construction Project Managers to work for Sodexo’s ADP Project Management Team. This position will exclusively serve the ADP project management team. This is a virtual position that will primarily handle a portfolio projects within the central region of the United States. Sodexo Project Managers for the ADP account are very similar to that of an “Owner’s Representative”. The ideal candidates will reside near a major international airport within the central or eastern regions of the US. Sodexo is one of the largest, most progressive and most well-respected companies in the world. We are seeking highly qualified, energetic and successful professionals for this position.
Relocation may be available
We are looking for someone with broad experience managing large to small value projects that are often complex in terms of delivery and a professional who is adept at managing the client relationship. The Senior Project Manager, work with and for the Director of Project Management. Senior Project Managers manage a portfolio of projects within their area of responsibility. This will include actual execution of the project and will also involve pre-construction planning with stake holders, designers, consultants, clients and other project team members. He or she will develop assignments, timetables and responsibilities for team members for the duration of the project. Organizes and directs construction personnel, and ensures that materials and equipment resources are delivered on time. Interacts with planning commissions and governing bodies. Coordinates costing estimation, contract negotiation and remodeling activities. Manages professional employees and/or supervisors or supervises large, complex technical or business support or production operations team(s). Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function. Adapts plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plans. Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and the client.
- Acts as the primary project leader for execution teams on assigned projects. Develops project schedules and executes according to plan for assigned projects.
- Communicates positive and realistic expectations to the project team and client.
- Holds self and others accountable for meeting key project metrics.
- Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and / or scheduling changes. Actively pursues additional work through change orders. Performs associated cost estimates, prepares proposals and negotiates final settlement price and customer acceptance.
- Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow.
- Reviews, interprets and acts within contract Terms and Conditions.
- Analyzes financial reporting systems and project schedules to pro-actively address potential problems.
- Effectively communicates project progress, issues and financial status to management as required.
- Manages risks and establishes project recovery plans when required. Resolves disputes with minimal need for escalation.
- Negotiates, prepares and issues subcontracts.
- Ensures project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements and ADP standards.
- Oversees project construction for compliance with specifications, local codes and installation techniques.
- Manages the selection, ordering, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
- Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with consultants, prime contractors and subcontractors.
- Attends and leads job progress meetings as required.
- Ensures subcontractors understand expectations of the project.
- Coordinates with his or her director for allocation of resources needed to meet project objectives.
- Ensures any engineering and commissioning performed by the field team is in accordance with established standards.
- Develops cost estimates and sub-contractor scope documents and solicitations for bids.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (Associates degree with extensive experience and other credentials may be acceptable)
- General Contractor or other licensure/credentialing is a plus
- Construction/project management experience with new construction, renovations, infrastructure and working in critical environments is preferred.
- Construction/project management working in projects that are adjacent to concurrent operations is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of direct project management experience in _the Building Construction Industry
- Experience managing large MEP projects is a plus.
- Experience coordinating project activities between contractors, stakeholders, consultants and associated project teams and groups is a must.
- Experience in dealing with a large and diverse number of challenges, requiring knowledge of many different disciplines.
- Demonstrated high level of verbal and written communication skills is a must.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-_technical audience.
- Proficient in Project Management software, and financial accounting systems.
- Advanced working knowledge of project scheduling and documentation techniques and processes.
- Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office (excel, word, power point, Adobe Writer, Visio and basic Windows environment).
Leads or coordinates construction projects, such as developing a new facility, the addition, expansion, or extension of an existing facility, or renovation/alterations to a facility in collaboration with project team, construction site and management. Develops assignments, timetables and responsibilities for team members for the duration of the project. Organizes and directs construction personnel, and ensures that materials and equipment resources are delivered on time. Interacts with planning commissions and governing bodies. Coordinates costing estimation, contract negotiation and remodeling activities.Under general direction, responsible for the profitable execution of assigned construction projects. Ensures that assigned projects are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of the contract.